CrazyBoards.org

new moon and full moon.

I'm not sure. I think I just went thru a major shift from 5 months of mania-spectrum stuff to depression/apathy/emptiness/or something. and there was a full moon last week I believe? but this could all just be a coincidence....ive never really thought about it before...

Edited by starship_subaru

I've been tracking moods, and I haven't noticed that lunar cycle makes a big difference, but I do tend to be slightly more energetic and scattered on the full moon. Not enough to qualify as more than just a brief swing, though.

I worked in customer service for years, and I noticed a consistent upswing in traffic on the full moon. I mentioned it to some policemen who came in for coffee break, and they all agreed; we swapped stories for a bit, talking about it.

ive been wanting to ask the question for a couple of days now because ive been sitting looking up at the full moon and wandering myself if the moon affects me.  i knew a guy once who also had bi-polar and he swore that the moon affected him and that drs also had reason to believe so. he was a real full on character.

I think this is a very interesting question.  It's certainly one that has a lot of history attached to it, starting with the word "lunatic" (linked to early beliefs that individuals with psychiatric disorders were unbalanced by the phases of the moon, or ill because of the moon's phases).  I honestly don't know what the official, legitimate line on the subject is nowadays, but there there are dozens of non-professional articles online talking about the link between mood swings and the moon.  

Personally, my period tends to start around the time of the full moon, and I suffer from aggressive PMS, so it's not a particularly happy time for me moodwise in any case.  Perhaps my mood state at this time is exacerbated by the moon, perhaps not... who knows?

I think this is a very interesting question.  It's certainly one that has a lot of history attached to it, starting with the word "lunatic" (linked to early beliefs that individuals with psychiatric disorders were unbalanced by the phases of the moon, or ill because of the moon's phases).  I honestly don't know what the official, legitimate line on the subject is nowadays, but there there are dozens of non-professional articles online talking about the link between mood swings and the moon.  

Personally, my period tends to start around the time of the full moon, and I suffer from aggressive PMS, so it's not a particularly happy time for me moodwise in any case.  Perhaps my mood state at this time is exacerbated by the moon, perhaps not... who knows?

my monthlys also come with the full moon.

All the Drs. and nurses I speak to in ERs says it doesn't make any difference, and if it did, they would prepare for it, and they don't, so it doesn't. I haven't spoken to that many police, but the one friend I do have that is a police officer pretty much scoffs at that kind of thing.

It's interesting that some of you cycle with the full moon. For some reason I always thought it was supposed to correlate to the new moon, in wiccan sorts of things, by which I don't necessarily mean wicca, just female centered religious rituals. Personally, mine correlated to when it damn well felt like it, so I'm speculating.