CrazyBoards.org

Hi hi

My name is Mary and I'm a compulsive eater full of anxiety over food and eating in public.  I'm the largest I've ever been since giving birth to my third child in October of 2012 (203 lbs)

Feeling extremely self concious in my skin and my clothes

Ashamed to be seen in public or have pictures taken of me.

This doubles up with depression, so when I'm on the down cycle I start to binge on anything made of white carbs- which only perpetuates both problems.

Oh, and my mother feeds these anxieties by commenting on my weight, my figure, my clothing, what I'm eating or not eating, and how much exercise I'm getting or not getting (it's been this way nearly my entire life)

Its (not) awesome

Good to be here

I'd love to find some support

-Mary

Hi Mary, welcome to CB.  I've only been here for a little while, and I have found the other members here to be caring, honest and supportive people.  I hope you have the same experience!  I am sorry to hear about what you're going through.  I can relate to the compulsive eating, feeling self-conscious of my body and the critical mother--I've experienced those things, also.  I don't have anything profound to say, just welcome!

Hi Mary. I'm glad that you're here, although it is a shitty need to be. We do request, though, that we not use weight numbers on this board. It risks getting too competitive. I has to declare weight and food topics as being off-limits with a fair few people. It can help. I wish I knew the secret to feeling okay with pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mary, welcome to the ED board. We don't really like posting numbers here, but you're more than welcome here!

I'm sorry your mom isn't supportive. That sounds awful of her. 

Ugh, pictures. Thats all I have to say about that!