CrazyBoards.org

anxiety over rapid cycling and mood changes

soooo i have GAD, along with some flavor of bipolar (see my sig). i worry about everything, even being on xanax for constant panic attacks and the abilify which helps with the racing thoughts. but i'm still very tense, very worn down from being anxious. i am constantly wondering what my mood will be like, and it causes me a lot of anxiety.

i don't know what to do. i don't want to increase the xanax- it doesn't help with GAD but I'm wondering if the abilify is maybe causing some anxiety? who knows. i've been on it for 3 years at least.

I have rapid cycling too and it brings a lot of stress and anxiety. Sometimes the racing thoughts can be very tricky, but I have something too sleep. 

I also have panic attacks and I have got chronic hyperventilation. I didn't known for long I had chronic hyperventilation, but I told my pdoc I had panic attacks and she also asked other things and then she said I also have the hyperventilation. 

But I known when my mood is stable, the anxiety and stress isn't there.

soooo i have GAD, along with some flavor of bipolar (see my sig). i worry about everything, even being on xanax for constant panic attacks and the abilify which helps with the racing thoughts. but i'm still very tense, very worn down from being anxious. i am constantly wondering what my mood will be like, and it causes me a lot of anxiety.

i don't know what to do. i don't want to increase the xanax- it doesn't help with GAD but I'm wondering if the abilify is maybe causing some anxiety? who knows. i've been on it for 3 years at least.

Actually, abilify made my anxiety really bad and that's why I stopped it. You might be onto something. I don't know if it's an official side effect, I've never looked into it, but I do know the anxiety lessened a whole lot when I went off abilify. 

Edited by saintalto