CrazyBoards.org

I'm brand new here, so I might as well introduce myself before I plunge on in, though I did meet some rather agreeable folks in the chat rooms already, very positive people. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety and PTSD, all brought on by a long and storied life filled with more downs than ups, trauma, violence and all that other stuff that makes living a real life gritty. But I'm looking to get past all that, as it is the past, and I find no desire to dwell on it for longer than it takes to expel it. I'm not real good about opening up about my feelings to people, but here on a website, it seems a little easier, what with the obscurity and all. You don't know me, I don't know you; I can spill my guts without having to worry about running into you later at the grocery store. And, being anonymous, the people I talk to can give me honest, straight forward answers without worrying about offending me. 

I'm here for a reason, I want to get better. I feel I can move past what's been slowing me down and live a better life. I hope that by talking through my issues, I can put them behind me one by one until one day, there's only the future to talk about. 

Well, that's the long and short of it. I know I picked a long user name, but you can just call me wacky, or shark, or whatever's easiest. 

Cheers!

Hello WackyLandShark and Welcome to Crazyboards! 

We ask all our new members to read the User Agreement to ensure we're all on the same page.

I think its great that you're looking to get past your illness.  This is a very supportive community and, I think, a good place to work through some of your issues.

Looking forward to seeing you on the Boards!

Welcome to Crazyboards.  I admire the fact the you are looking forward instead of back---that's one of the hardest things to do in life.

I hope you like hanging out here and that we can provide some support to you.

olga

Of course I don't know you but you seem really positive and open, and I think those factors will help you in recovery.  I'm new here too, but have already had some great experiences here, this is a wonderful community.  Good luck to you and welcome!