CrazyBoards.org

What are these 'episodes' I keep getting? Does anyone else get them?

Quite often I will have these weird episodes where I'll scream at everyone around me and be sobbing  hysterically at the same time and also trying to rip my hair out or bite myself, It happens quite often and I'm not sure what it is exactly that's happening or why I get in such a state but yeah as I said it happens often and I was wondering if this happens to anyone else? And if you know why? Is it part of the psychosis? Thanks

Do you have a Psychiatrist?

Are you on medication?  Do you have diagnosis?

You need some medical help.  I am not going to guess whether this is mania or psychosis or something else.

But I can tell you that the symptoms you experience are severe mental illness and you need professional treatment.

Do you have a Psychiatrist?

Are you on medication?  Do you have diagnosis?

You need some medical help.  I am not going to guess whether this is mania or psychosis or something else.

But I can tell you that the symptoms you experience are severe mental illness and you need professional treatment.

I have a psychiatrist and a therapist, I've seen them for a few years now, I'm on medication too. My only diagnoses has been psychosis, no expansion on that.  Thanks for your answer, thanks everyone else too.

Edited by KatyKat

I have the same thing, with biting and hair pulling and sobbing. the only difference is I scream at myself instead of other people since im usually not really aware of the presence of other people when I get like this. although, for all I know they may think im screaming at them. or sometimes I just....scream....like in a horror film. I don't know what it is. for me it happens in times of extreme stress, especially when I feel like I cant live up to what everyone is demanding of me. and I think it also has something to do with switching between episodes of bipolar.

I have the same thing, with biting and hair pulling and sobbing. the only difference is I scream at myself instead of other people since im usually not really aware of the presence of other people when I get like this. although, for all I know they may think im screaming at them. or sometimes I just....scream....like in a horror film. I don't know what it is. for me it happens in times of extreme stress, especially when I feel like I cant live up to what everyone is demanding of me. and I think it also has something to do with switching between episodes of bipolar.

That's exactly what I get, and yes it's when I'm stressed out too. 

These episodes certainly do sound unpleasant. Do you have any warning at all that one of these episodes is coming? Can you remove yourself from the situation? Even if all you do is get up and go to another room or say you've got to go to the restroom. If you can somehow avoid getting that stressed, it might help. You certainly should discuss this with your pdoc and tdoc. They would both probably have some suggestions.

Normally I'm not really conscious how I'm behaving until it's over so I rarely am able to remove myself from the situation, but that's a good idea about trying to go to another room I'll try that next time. I'll talk to them about it, thank you. Thanks wonderful cheese and schizophrenic sanity too, I'll talk to my tdoc and pdoc about it.

I used to have those type of episodes all the time. It was really hard to differentiate whether or not it was because of mood or psychosis or both. I realized I was having psychotic episodes because I felt delusions about others so strongly that I made me go completely nuts, this started when I was younger. I could feel my eyes physically changing before the episode. It was scary. I had no control. I was out of reality, so bad I couldn't remove myself either. In reality it was my brain lying to me.

Since starting Geodon in Nov. I have not had ANY psychosis or psychotic episodes.

I am sure your pdoc and tdoc can help you sort through what exactly are the episodes you are experiencing. You have a right to know.

I used to have those type of episodes all the time. It was really hard to differentiate whether or not it was because of mood or psychosis or both. I realized I was having psychotic episodes because I felt delusions about others so strongly that I made me go completely nuts, this started when I was younger. I could feel my eyes physically changing before the episode. It was scary. I had no control. I was out of reality, so bad I couldn't remove myself either. In reality it was my brain lying to me.

Since starting Geodon in Nov. I have not had ANY psychosis or psychotic episodes.

I am sure your pdoc and tdoc can help you sort through what exactly are the episodes you are experiencing. You have a right to know.

That's almost exactly what happens with me, I think I'll have to ask my tdoc and pdoc since I have no idea where these episodes are coming from or why I get them personally, but I do think it's something to do with the psychosis like you said yours was. Thank you

Edited by KatyKat