CrazyBoards.org

Yeah, it does, but it's not the end of the world.  I used to gargle with mouthwash first to help with the taste but it dries out your mouth and makes it take longer to dissolve, plus I then had problems with losing taste when I was doing it like that. 

I'm one of those people that didn't really mind the cherry flavor, it was really bitter and at first made my tongue feel really weird, but I grew to somewhat like it. I was stuck on the original flavor for a while and I found Listerine pocket pack strips to be my best bet. 

I prefer the cherry over the plain flavor

while  I wouldn't willingly put those flavors in my mouth any other reason if I had a choice

but saphris isn't too bad   doesn't make me hungry     the first time I took it I found it sedating   right now it kinda leaves me feeling stoned for a few hours

Thanks for the information guys, I have decided not to ask about this med, as I am afraid I would become non med compliant because of the taste. I am going to try a Haldol or Loxapine raise, whatever my doctor suggests. But thank you all for the info, much appreciated!

-Kylene

I've not had the original flavor but I think the cherry tastes ok (the aftertaste at least). This sounds silly but I hold my nose, put it under my tongue, and then let it dissolve and swallow a few times. After that it's really manageable. Dry mouth has been an issue for me but not daily. I've been told to try biotene mouthwash or gum but I haven't gotten any yet because it hasn't gotten bad again.