CrazyBoards.org

Starting yet another new job tomorrow

I'm starting another new job tomorrow.  One of many.  I've lost count of how many jobs I've had by now.  Probably close to 30 in about 15 years.  How embarrassing.  But I'm posting because I'm too nervous to go to bed and let tomorrow come, bringing the new day and with it, the new job.  It should be a okay job, it's part time so it won't be too taxing, and it will get me out of the house because goodness knows I need a distraction.  I'm certainly of no worth at home - I thought I was going to be the perfect stay at home mom and of course I failed at that too.  But that's a post for another day I suppose.  It's just that I've really been struggling lately so it's not the ideal time to start a new job and I'm REALLY anxious about it.  I'm scared I won't even make it through the day.  What have I gotten myself into?

I just wanted to wish you luck at your new job. I know easier said than done, but try not to focus on past experiences and take it one step at a time. I find it helps if I just focus on "Okay, I need to do this first and that's that." and go from there. I easily get overwhelmed and anxious if I have to take the whole day in at once and furthermore adding all my past employment experiences to the mix and how I "messed" up? No good. A vicious cycle.

Take it easy on yourself. And congrats on the new job. :)

It didn't go well.  :(  I left already.  It was taking care of children, which I have much experience with in the past but for right now, as I am trying to get better, is not what I should be doing apparently.  I just felt totally overwhelmed and trapped.  I had a promising interview for a desk job yesterday, something where I am not responsible for human lives, and have a couple more applications out.  Would rather not be working at all and just take this time to get better but I don't think that is going to happen.  Thanks so much for asking, it means a lot.