CrazyBoards.org

Hey everyone,

About 6 months ago, I was diagnosed with Bipolar II DIsorder and never really considered that the two were significantly related. A week or so ago someone asked if two people shared the same spirit animal would that reveal anything about their mental or physical health. So, here I am.

Two years ago, I found my black panther whose name is Kale. He's a very old, grumpy cat with a lot of wistful knowledge about things. I found him in a forest, he came to me and told me I couldn't touch him and it took months for him to allow me to touch him. The forest is on a cliff and there's a ridge that overlooks an ocean. Occasionally I won't be able to contact him, because he is in the "scary" part of the forest and he won't allow me in there. While he's in there I don't feel any different, just a bit lonely. He never answers when I ask what is in there or why he was in there. Those are probably the most significant things I can think of, but maybe the correlation is in the details.

Feel free to share your animal, where you found them, their personality, behavior, etc..

Also, do any of your medications affect communication?

Edited by EwokHugz

i have found that the owl comes to me.  it first started appearing back in 1998. he comes with a warning of sorts and sure enough it happens. they are always with me. they come to about a foot in front of me at times or sit on my clothesline. its incredible. i go out to have a smoke and sure enough his there watching me. always there long enough for me to notice or have a brief chat. he knows.

Coyotes show up at personally significant moments for me.  Also they just show up...

I hear a pack of about six of them in my neighborhood singing on a fairly regular basis because I live in the boonies.

(Urban ones are sneaky)

If you happen to live outside Northern America:

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/coyote.htm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tip
      Samwise running through yellow Hawkweed wildflowers.
    • By konata
      I was relying on my landlord letting me have a pet. I knew having a pet would motivate me to get up. To go out to buy supplies for them. To have something which *needs* *me* to nurture and care and socialize with them. To have a responsibility to make me think twice before doing something.

But they said no. I can't find anywhere else to live that allows pets that I can afford. I don't know what to do. I can't really get out of my contract. When I had pets they were my life, they cheered me up when I was down. I live alone now. I feel like I'm going to be lonely until I can get a job (never?) and afford somewhere that will allow me to have a pet. I've been desperately trying to see people every day so the loneliness doesn't get to me. Everyone seems tired of me because I talk to them every single day and ask if they want to meet up.

I can't help feel that I am going to start going downhill again because I have no reasons left to bother getting better. I have no partner anymore. I have no pets. I live alone now. I have no one for company but myself.

I can care for others but not for myself.
    • By smurf2050
      This is Buttons, our cat. He is the dearest thing. We don't know how he got cropped ears, nor that scar on his cheek that makes his tongue stick out sometimes (see pic in grass.)

He didn't get fat until after he was neutered. He came to us normal weight; but I guess the neutering gave him a hyper-appetite. Even so, he is still very quick on his feet and his swing (claws out) is terrible fast.

We didn't plan on adopting a cat, but this one was wandering up and down our street for days, looking for a new home, I presume. As soon as we took him, he knew and stopped all that walking. He still goes next door to eat the neighbor's cat food, but that's only fair since a zillion cats come to our porch to eat Buttons'. Buttons doesn't fight them, which is great.

He has the heart of a lion. Nothing phases him. Dogs come, he get up on the porch railing and just watches them. Rain, he might get a little wet.

He always walks up to the car to greet us when we get home. Unfortunately he gets underfoot quite a bit, and we are always tripping over him. It's like he doesn't realize we can't see him down there.

He does get hairballs--who wouldn't?--but the OTC tube stuff clears that right up. I don't know why I waiting so long to buy some.

He wants very badly to be friends with the two large dogs in back, Biscuit and Lickey; but they will have none of it. One time Buttons went to sit by Lickey, trying to make friends, and Lickey got up and went to lie in the yard. It was so funny. Still, they don't fight; and they had no trouble whatsoever when we were all in the house together for the hurricane, Ike.

Well, this is a lot of writing for one time. And, for some reason, I'm feeling somewhat tired, although I'm usually good until afternoon.

I'm not having any trouble whatsoever catching up on my intern hours. I am so fortunate to like it so much. Peace.