CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
water

Book Group

Virtual book group. YOu can read, listen to, or whatever.  A limit of one month per book?  Whadya think?

Me first.

"Sweet Tooth"

Ian McEwan

This is unusual for me, but I never read this novel.  A librarian suggested I bring the audiobook on a long car trip. It is the best audiobook I have ever heard. Replayed the whole novel immediately after finishing the first time.  Juliet Stevenson is the bomb.

Read by:

Juliet Stevenson

I would love to 'talk' this over and I couldn't figuyre out where to post the info.  I am not in and have never been in a book group. I don't know the rules, etc. but we can figure that stuff out later.

To reiterate:

Read, listen to, "Sweet Tooth" by Ian McEwan before April 12th.

omg.....it's snowing!!!!!

Edited by water

Water, I'll see if I can get it from my library.  I would like to do this, too.

olga

ETA:  Just ordered the book on CDs. I'll start it over the weekend.

Edited by olga
ETA

I treated myself to the Kindle book and the Audible version. I LOVE that you can switch back and forth.

I will aim for April 12th...is it going to be permissible to begin the discussion if I have not completed listening/reading?

Definitely. Maybe even if you haven't read the book at all. :-}

Yay yay yay!! We have members.

Anyone can join anytime. We are a Crazy Book Glub.

My copy arrived at the library today---I will start listening to it when I cook dinner.

olga

My copy arrived at the library today---I will start listening to it when I cook dinner.

olga

What';s for dinner?

olga

What';s for dinner?

Hahaha!  Actually, it was too hard to listen to it while following a recipe, so I put it in the car and listened on a road trip today.  Really terrific story and I am hooked!!

olga

olga

What';s for dinner?

Hahaha!  Actually, it was too hard to listen to it while following a recipe, so I put it in the car and listened on a road trip today.  Really terrific story and I am hooked!!

olga

Yay!!

I'm in too! I just got it for Kindle. I read pretty quick. I got the sample, and when i have cash in my account I'll buy the full book! I'll have it read a few times by April 12th! (I read a lot and if I like it, I'll read it over and over again. I've always been a fast reader)

Great idea!

I would like to start with a question with which popped up in my head as soon as the last words of Juliet Stevenson drifted off.

Unless we have any objections, the opening of the very first CrazyBoards Book Club will commence tomorrow morning when I wake up.

If anyone wants more time PLEASE tell me because my question has everything to do with the ending and I have no problem waiting. 

Class dismissed. :-}

Edited by water

Oh man!!!

So glad I just found this thread!

I'm in!  I will try to be on line in the morning.  I finished the book last week, so I probably have the same question/comment that you have, water.

I liked the book---looking forward to talking about it!

olga