CrazyBoards.org
water

Book Group

@Will Well these are the books I’m reading right now... I read a ton at once but I finish everything eventually.

Swan Song (quarter of the way through)

Harbor (nearly done)

Medical Apartheid (halfway through)

The Stand (nearly done)

The Cuckoo’s Calling (just begun)

Thunder Head (halfway though it’s a second part of a series)

The Science Fiction Hall of Fame (halfway)

A Confederacy of Dunces (about 1/3 way through)

Second Hand Curses (just begun)

Infection of the Innocents (1/2 way)

OK, well I'll have to check some of the titles out to see what I can relate to.

Edited by Will

I'll try Swan Song because I was able to download it to Kindle.  I need to see if can actually read for more than 5 minutes.  If not I'll try audible.  Confederacy of Dunces is a great book, read it years ago.  I have read Cuckoo's Calling, enjoyed that pretty much.  

I think the one book we read previously was a mystery and several were reading that.  But give me a few days and I'll let you know on Swan Song.  I prolly will also try to read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell at the same time altho it is 900 pages in paperback and that will have to be really good to stay with that.

On 10/26/2019 at 9:45 AM, saintalto said:

@Will Well these are the books I’m reading right now... I read a ton at once but I finish everything eventually.

Swan Song (quarter of the way through)

I started this and I like reading in Kindle except I don't navigate it very well.  So, dystopian/heroine lit is what I gather so far.  If you like that try Station Eleven by Emily Mandle if you can get it in audible.  I really enjoyed that.  I guess Swan Song although written in 2011 is about US/Soviet relations because that was the closest the planet came to a nuclear Armageddon?  Anyway, I like it so far

@Will Swan Song was written in 1987 shortly after The Stand to which it is commonly compared. Glad you like it. :) I’m on Chapter 24.

I have Station Eleven on Audible but haven’t read any of it yet. 

Oh OK, I must have been looking at a paperback release date.  Station Eleven was really good IMO

@Will Swan Song reminds me a little of Threads, a graphic movie released in the 80’s about the aftermath of a nuclear war.  Threads and The Day After are compared a lot but I think Threads was the spookier of the two. 

Edited by saintalto

@Will

I swear I answered your comment here. I have no idea what happened to it.  LOL. I’ll read a book with you guys, or listen to a book with you. Let me know!  All I do is read. It saves me from myself  

BTW: I love Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell. I actually read it twice. It is really long and has a somewhat mixed ending. I just found it on Netflix! It looks really good. 

7 hours ago, water said:

@Will

I swear I answered your comment here. I have no idea what happened to it.  LOL. I’ll read a book with you guys, or listen to a book with you. Let me know!  All I do is read. It saves me from myself  

BTW: I love Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell. I actually read it twice. It is really long and has a somewhat mixed ending. I just found it on Netflix! It looks really good. 

Good deal, water.  (Your @Will did not show up in my notifications.  Weird program.)

You read that twice?  So, that will give me incentive to read it and finish it.  As for reading, I wish I read all the time instead of long periods of losing interest in everything.   However, I'm mulling a vow of poverty which will give me plenty of free time.  And, I'm thinking about writing a short story involving my being lost (walking) on a desert road in the middle of the night outside of Carlsbad, New Mexico, during my recent manic episode.  I will be the hero, and either very brave or adoringly stupid, I haven't decided which.  The latter fits the circumstances (without the "adoringly" piece.)

Edited by Will

Not making much progress in reading.  I may have to switch to audible.  I'm watching too much TV though as that is all I can do for now in terms of maintaining concentration.