CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
water

Book Group

Holy cow... the audio book is 20 hours long.

no worries.

I haven't seen hide nor hair of the real book.

We will always wait for you woo.

It's in! It's in!  

Of course hubby forgot to tell me the library called.  

Finishing up my Jo Nesbo and then I will start.

Is everyone else far along already?

I'd like to join at some point.  Too busy w/ work right now (so thankful I have work!)  Also, I'm doing some reading on China because I'll be going there to see my son soon.

I like reading this thread from top to bottom every time someone posts.  Makes me feel good.  Kind of an inane comment, but true.  I promise to be insightful.

(Edit:  Scratch that.  It sounded strange, even for me.)

Edited by Will

i just finished with school and i'm going to work on reading it now. it shouldn't take me too long. hope everyone else is enjoying it/or whatever they're reading atm.

I'd like to join at some point.  Too busy w/ work right now (so thankful I have work!)  Also, I'm doing some reading on China because I'll be going there to see my son soon.

I like reading this thread from top to bottom every time someone posts.  Makes me feel good.  Kind of an inane comment, but true.  I promise to be insightful.

(Edit:  Scratch that.  It sounded strange, even for me.)

that is very sweet. doesn't sound strange at all. I read threads over and over sometimes because it is calming for some reason.

And you do NOT have be insightful. 

i just finished with school and i'm going to work on reading it now. it shouldn't take me too long. hope everyone else is enjoying it/or whatever they're reading atm.

thank you. :-}

I hear it is a BIG book. 

"And you do NOT have be insightful."

Oh, but I will be.  Stuff like:

"This book is interesting."

"Why is it so long?"

"I've mislaid my copy."

"And you do NOT have be insightful."

Oh, but I will be.  Stuff like:

"This book is interesting."

"Why is it so long?"

"I've mislaid my copy."

reading.gif

gallery_5895_512_113309.png

I have three weeks.

Bet I finish in two.

edit: I take that back.  vamos a ver.

Edited by water

Just to forewarn people, there are some parts that are pretty graphic with regard to physical and sexual abuse of children...

I can't listen to it before bed.

Sorry, I can't read it.  I tried for a few weeks, but I can't get into it.  Now that Woo has said that it involves abuse of children, I know I won't be able to read it.  I'm a wuss---I'll admit it.

I'll rejoin you on the next book.

olga

Sorry, I can't read it.  I tried for a few weeks, but I can't get into it.  Now that Woo has said that it involves abuse of children, I know I won't be able to read it.  I'm a wuss---I'll admit it.

I'll rejoin you on the next book.

olga

omg, really?

I haven't started yet. 

Anyone else having issues with the book?  

Are you going to finish it Woo?

I probably will. I'm invested in the characters now and want to see what happens. But don't feel like you need to keep going on my account.

I probably will. I'm invested in the characters now and want to see what happens. But don't feel like you need to keep going on my account.

I have the book, it's sitting right here. Have not yet started but I will. I really like Wally Lamb.  

I don't mean this to be inappropriate given the above few posts, but my mother just sent this to me and I thought it might be appreciated here:

10308196_514958098608790_557031646414495

That;s perfect Mia.

That happens to me at the movies sometimes as well.

Thank you.

Yep... ESPECIALLY at the end of a series where I've started to think of the characters as friends.

Can I suggest a lighthearted comedy, perhaps something by PG Wodehouse like Psmith in the City, for our next book? It's in the public domain, so you should be able to find legit free copies to download. I also think it's on Librivox (free audiobooks), but the reader from the professionally read version is a lot better.

Psmith in the City.

Let's do it!!  

Official Third Book of the CB Book Group.

Psmith In The City by P.G. Wodehouse (what does P.G. stand for?)

gallery_5895_512_7843.png

We are still discussing we are water by Wally Lamb.

I think. :-}

This is the Crazyboards Book Group so everyone who is a member, with our without warning points, is welcome to comment or not comment, to like the book or not like the book, to love or hate the book. Whatever the comment is welcome.

It would be nice to stick to two books at a time at least. lol

I think we are still on the Wally Lamb book. I just wanted to put my suggestion in the ring before I forgot. :)

PG is Pellham Granville. His work is pretty excellent satire about upper class English twits post-WWI.

PG is Pellham Granville. His work is pretty excellent satire about upper class English twits post-WWI.

I am very impressed.

Hubby did not know what it stood for and he knows everything. lol

Woo's name is from PG Wodehouse.  He wrote a series of short stories about "Jeeves and Wooster," which the BBC adapted for a TV series years ago.  Stephen Fry played Jeeves (the valet) and Hugh Laurie played Wooster, the upper-class twit who hires him.  Jeeves is constantly getting Bertie Wooster out of trouble and Fry is just fabulous in the role.  Well, Hugh Laurie ain't no slouch, either.  The series is on DVD and you can borrow it from the library.

It's one of our favorites and I've watched most of the episodes a couple of times.

olga