CrazyBoards.org

Hey.... I have had this for a looong time... and I have a coping mechanism for dealing with it, but its a bit antisocial...

I get awful thoughts in my head.. either about:

1) Things I have done in the past that were embarrasing/bad

2) TImes when I was an idiot about something

3) Things people have said to me

4) Current worries about stuff

At least ten times a day, I will have a thought and I say out load "Fuck Off". And just try to move on with whatever I am doing... the thought is normally quite complicated and attached to a horrible and quick upswelling of emotion. Normally fear or embarrasment. It normally involves someone else too...

Actually as I'm typing this I am wondering where they actually do come from....

I'm sure my neighbours have heard me and wonder who I am telling to fuck off all the time!

But it is tiring and when I am out it is not the best way to manage things...

Its like saying that (fuck off) and having that moment gives me a second of peace (?)

Anyone else get that/do that? OR What do you do....if you do??

I'll put loud music on with headphones to get rid of the thoughts if they get to a certain point.  Otherwise I just tolerate and deal with them however best I can at the time.  Sometimes I am able to ignore them or they go away if I am engrossed in something.  But I hate them.

Intrusive thoughts drive me nuts

ME TOO!

I'll put loud music on with headphones to get rid of the thoughts if they get to a certain point.  Otherwise I just tolerate and deal with them however best I can at the time.  Sometimes I am able to ignore them or they go away if I am engrossed in something.  But I hate them.

Yeah if I am doing something and fully engaged... it is easier.... too busy to think kinda thing... its like a flashing neon sign.... "look at me" "look at me"..... "fuck off" and on and on....

yeah i do this too....i say a lot of random things and they tend to change over time or sometimes they are just completely random. lately the most frequent  has been "stop it" and "dont touch me", but it's really just my weird response to intrusive thoughts.

loud music helps me too. unfortunatly i dont have any other new good suggestions.

I get intrusive thoughts about hurting people and visions aswell, but I try and block it out with music, it helps sometimes.

Doctors will allways say 'Just take your meds' they will go away eventually' but its been awhile now and I've spoken to Psychologists and they said 'They will never go away, but we can find ways to manage/deal with them'.

Unwanted thoughts dominate my days.  I think about people that made me mad for whatever reason.  If I can’t stop it I start to relive it complete with real anger.  Also as stated above I think about things I have done that may be embarrasing.  I think about all kinds of things the only that that stays the same is the thoughts never stop.

Mostly I just try to think about something else.  Read, watch TV anything to block the thoughts.

I think about people that made me mad for whatever reason.  If I can’t stop it I start to relive it complete with real anger.

This has happened to me too and it is extremely stressful.  Sometimes it won't leave my mind no matter what I do either.  All I can do is take some xanax and hope that my mind will go in another direction.  Eventually it does, but I can totally relate to the reliving the entire thing with the anger.

I have this problem too, and I will cry out. You described it exactly like how it is for me. Generally, I will cry out "Ok, OK!" loudly. Unfortunately, I can't do this when I'm in public though I often will say something under my breath. It's tough. I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm struggling too.

These bad thoughts seemed to have lessened somewhat on my current cocktail (particularly on the citalopram and Abilify). But they still happen from time to time.

Edited by jt07

I get intrusive thoughts about hurting people and visions aswell, but I try and block it out with music, it helps sometimes.

I get thoughts about hurting people too! That is scary becuase I know I would never actually do anything (like what I think) but the thoughts are pretty distressing! Hmmmmm thanks for that WakeOne...

I have this problem too, and I will cry out. You described it exactly like how it is for me. Generally, I will cry out "Ok, OK!" loudly. Unfortunately, I can't do this when I'm in public though I often will say something under my breath. It's tough. I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm struggling too.

Yes... thats ok that you don't have an answer, its good to hear that I am not the only one doing this stuff! Its been good to talk about it cause I am realising that it connects to delusions for me too.... especially when I am out and about..... it changes.... anyway thx jt07

I think about people that made me mad for whatever reason.  If I can’t stop it I start to relive it complete with real anger.

This has happened to me too and it is extremely stressful.  Sometimes it won't leave my mind no matter what I do either.  All I can do is take some xanax and hope that my mind will go in another direction.  Eventually it does, but I can totally relate to the reliving the entire thing with the anger.

same here snap rages etc

Edited by The 3 Me's

I've never had any thoughts about physically hurting other people.. but I do get intrusive thoughts.. and they're annoying as fuck x 1000. They'll ruminate, over and over. If I'm manic, they're sometimes good or really goofy, if I'm depressed, they're bad and paranoid, if I'm somewhat stable, they vary, but are always unrealistic.. Yargh! I'll take a PRN or write it down in a notebook and then rip up the paper.. Sometimes I'll pace, or smoke a cigarette, or talk to someone.. 

The only thoughts of hurting people I get are tripping them when they walk by. 

I've never had any thoughts about physically hurting other people.. but I do get intrusive thoughts.. and they're annoying as fuck x 1000. They'll ruminate, over and over. If I'm manic, they're sometimes good or really goofy, if I'm depressed, they're bad and paranoid, if I'm somewhat stable, they vary, but are always unrealistic.. Yargh! I'll take a PRN or write it down in a notebook and then rip up the paper.. Sometimes I'll pace, or smoke a cigarette, or talk to someone.. 

GOD I wish I still smoked lol.... actually the thoughts about hurting people are normally when I am out and about and attached to a specific belief thingy that I have..... ick.....

Can intrusive thoughts also be like old delusions coming back? (even if not even remotely as strong as during a crisis you're still left doubting reality)

I'm gonna try saying "FUCK OFF" or something next time, sounds like a nice solution : ) Hope it helps...

Can intrusive thoughts also be like old delusions coming back? (even if not even remotely as strong as during a crisis you're still left doubting reality)

I'm gonna try saying "FUCK OFF" or something next time, sounds like a nice solution : ) Hope it helps...

HA! And yes interesting comment re delusions coming back.... I think there is a definite link there... give "Fuck Off" a go! :)

OMG. I've been tapering off Klonopin for the past month and the intrusive negative thoughts are perhaps the hardest part. I can't find one positive memory or current cirucumstance to counteract. I feel paralyzed to act in the world because every thing I do feels like the wrong thing. I am recalling all the things I fucked up in my life because of my mental health and feeling powerless to take on anything new because the patterns are so powerful.  Negative and hurtful things family and friends have done to me obsess me.  IT's hell.

For me they can be old delusions coming back.  Definitely.  It is like reliving the past all over again, and I will do almost anything to prevent that from happening.

I have the exact same thing, it's awful.  Thoughts of something embarrassing I did or when someone looked down their nose at me whatever, I often say stuff loudly just like fuck off when I think them or maybe something just random and not even a word.  I worry that my neighbours hear me and have to try hard to control it or reduce the volume in public.  My ex used to complain about it.  Sometimes I become almost paralysed by the thoughts as when they are bad I actually stand still and stop doing what I am doing I am frozen in some weird pose and people are looking at me.

Had it since I was a teenager and it's just got worse and worse and happens all the time now.  Used to only happen for a while just after I did something humiliating or was ridiculed by someone.  Now I have flashbacks towards things a decade ago that I wasn't worried about at the time but now realise the person was ridiculing me.  Only thing that really helps is alcohol, just kills it dead, not that I recommend that.  Music helps a little to distract but I still do it even then.