CrazyBoards.org

The hunger. The hunger... (wellbutrin)

About seven weeks ago I began taking Wellbutrin and thus far it has had no impact on my mood which really concerns me. I know it can take up to eight weeks but you would think something by now... Besides unrelenting hunger. Isn't it supposes to curb your appetite? Because over the past few weeks I've become ravenously hungry and, ahem, horny. While the latter is nice after years of medication related asexuality, I am finding the hunger thing quite annoying. Did anyone else have this issue and do you think it might go away? Also has anyone taken wellburtin in combination with another antidepressant to better treat their depression?

I've never had a problem with hunger and Wellbutrin.  I agree with you, that after 7 weeks I would think you'd see some sort of change, but maybe it will take another week. 

I also take Prozac (see sig) which really helps me with the depression.

For me it's been quite the opposite. I have to more or less "force" myself to eat and even then, the portion sizes are way smaller than before starting bupropion.

First week (or two..) went mostly feeling nauseated, but after that I've noticed a change in energy levels and activity. For me it seems to be working quite nicely. (oh, and having an interest in sex after a long time feels pretty nice too ;) )

As far as side effects were concerned my appetite was greatly reduced to the point where I had to be reminded to eat and when I did eat I ate little.

As per combining with another antidepressant I did with Cipralex (Lexapro) which kicked my depression in the butt but made me manic.