Fly Robin Fly! Up up to the sky!

KillBytes here, you can call me killer for short. I'm over 40, male, been manic depressant for ever it seems. I like the old term better then the newer one, "bypolar". It soulds kind of gay. I have nothing against gays at all, some of my friends are gay, lesbian and transgender. I even took out a transgirl ones, so technically I guess u can say I'm a little gay too, but prefer females. I am a lesbian trapped in side a str8 man's body lol. I only mention this because we have become sooo "politically correct", we can honestly now say  "everyone is crazy!" and be pretty much correct.

But never mind the fags and dykes, lets talk about me :) I really am pretty open minded, like to bullshit and joke around. Currently I'm in a great hypomanic mood and totally loving it. I'm feeling pretty good but I know it won't last forever.

Hope to get to know you all better soon.

Edited by KillBytes

Hello and Welcome to CB!

While we are a "looser" bunch of people, using the terms "fags and dykes" is unacceptable.

We ask all new members to read the User Agreement to ensure we're all on the same page.

Please don't hesitate to contact a staff member if you have questions or concerns.

But never mind the fags and dykes, lets talk about me :)

I know that was supposed to be amusing, if not outright funny. However, even on Crazy Boards there are some derisive slur words that are not acceptable. Retard is another word that will get you booed of the stage. Your comedy routine can be just as entertaining and just as amusing without slurs and deliberately provocative language.

Welcome to CB, I hope you find the support you are looking for.

If you would like to use humor, please be sure it is not offensive to people due to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, (dis)ability, etc.

It is important that CrazyBoards be a safe space on the internet.

That's why we don't tolerate "humor" based on prejudice.

KillBytes here, you can call me killer for short. I'm over 40, male, been manic depressant for ever it seems. I like the old term better then the newer one, "bypolar". It soulds kind of gay. I have nothing against gays at all, some of my friends are gay, lesbian and transgender. I even took out a transgirl ones, so technically I guess u can say I'm a little gay too, but prefer females. I am a lesbian trapped in side a str8 man's body lol. I only mention this because we have become sooo "politically correct", we can honestly now say  "everyone is crazy!" and be pretty much correct.

But never mind the fags and dykes, lets talk about me :) I really am pretty open minded, like to bullshit and joke around. Currently I'm in a great hypomanic mood and totally loving it. I'm feeling pretty good but I know it won't last forever.

Hope to get to know you all better soon.

Hello KillBytes,

My response is going to be critical, but it's not intended to be mean-spirited, just informative and corrective.

First - when you say "It sounds gay," you're inferring negativity and, whether you intend it or not, it contributes to anti-LGBT sentiment.  Check out ThinkB4YouSpeak.

Second, "I have friends who are [...]" is an excuse.  What you're really saying is "I know that I said something that's unacceptable, but it's ok, because I know people that it applies to."

Third, trans women are women.  They are not men masquerading as women, and dating a trans woman doesn't make you "a little gay." Following it up with "but I prefer females" tells us that you don't actually believe that they're women, which is hurtful.  CB actually has a high percentage (much higher than you would encounter in daily life, I've found) of people in transition, myself included, and an even larger group that are LGBTQIA.

Fourth, as others mentioned "never mind the fags and dykes" is really not going to go over well, for a number of reasons.  Just as you wouldn't say "never mind the niggers," word reclamation is something that is done by the affected group of people, not by the people who (generally speaking) cause the word to be used hurtfully in the first place.  This goes back to "i have friends [...]."  It doesn't matter if you have friends who are black, or LGBT, or Native American, or any other repressed group... unless you're part of it, you should just strike slurs from your vocabulary as something that you know is hurtful.

(For the record, I don't believe in censorship when it comes to intellectual discussion and illustration. While I might never use the "N-word" in conversation, trying to hide behind "everybody knows what you mean" is silly.  If everyone knows, then it's best to use the real word.)

Even though I'm being critical of your intro... Welcome to CB.  Hopefully you can find things here that are helpful, and we can all learn more from each other.

Edited by taurmaurils

Thanks for the warm warnings, appreciate it and I am glad it was at least understood I meant no offense at all, just well trying to keep things lite with humor. 

Well...frankly that half-assed statement shows that you do have little to no understanding of the offense you laid down in your initial post. I am left to wonder if you disrespect was intentional after all.

Humour is many things, but it is not hurtful, disrespectful, or prejudices masquerading as "keeping things lite".

We talk like that and worse in the gay community which I have been involved in many times. I make no excuses or apologizes regarding my intent while it is amusing to read some who think they know me by my first post. But  I do understand this may be offensive to some if they are not sure of the intent or delivery. Indeed, even in real life situations there will always be some one who is offended over the littlest thing. I was indeed wrong in being myself right off the bat. But one thing I have learned in my life that my judgers may want to consider next time. You can not pretend to know what a person's intent, or understanding or position they hold, or what's on their mind,  BY ONE FREAKING POST :)

I have many different kinds of friends, as I am very different too. I won't beat a dead horse. I understand the rules and will abide by them hence forth. I only ask you get to know me first before implying you know any thing about me :)

You can not pretend to know what a person's intent, or understanding or position they hold, or what's on their mind,  BY ONE FREAKING POST  :)

It was your first post on CB.  Did nobody ever tell you that first impressions count?