CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Light

Obsessing so much about alot of different things at the same time?

Does this happen to anyone else-

Obsessing about so many things at once sometimes you forget some of the things your obsessing about?

( I feel like i've made way too many threads in the OCD section - I'm sorry >.< )

I only obsess um obsessively when I'm hypomanic, but yes, there's so many things in my head trying to get out that I will often "forget" what it was I was obsessing about to begin with.  It's very chaotic for me at home and at work when that's happening. Things don't make sense, I can't follow what people are saying.  Of course, when I'm hypomanic, none of that matters.  

ETA my first diagnosis was Obssessiveness or something like that because I was doing just what I described above.  It took a real pdoc instead of the idiot to diagnose BP2.

Edited by Chimako

Yes, I often obsess about different things all at once and have a hard time trying to prioritize, instead working on a little of everything at once.  So if I'm obsessing about my schoolwork I'll try to work on that while I'm filing an insurance claim for the three year old damage to my car that has suddenly become very important at the same time I absolutely have to vacuum my floor and I'm worrying about my weight and weighing myself 10 times a day.  It helps me to write things down and try to address matters one at a time.  I agree that it is a strange feeling to worry about something so much and then completely forget what that thing is.  It is disconcerting.

I only obsess um obsessively when I'm hypomanic, but yes, there's so many things in my head trying to get out that I will often "forget" what it was I was obsessing about to begin with.  It's very chaotic for me at home and at work when that's happening. Things don't make sense, I can't follow what people are saying.  Of course, when I'm hypomanic, none of that matters.  

ETA my first diagnosis was Obssessiveness or something like that because I was doing just what I described above.  It took a real pdoc instead of the idiot to diagnose BP2.

That's really interesting - The heights of the obsessiveness and as you said hypomanic - Gives you something to ponder

Yes, I often obsess about different things all at once and have a hard time trying to prioritize, instead working on a little of everything at once.  So if I'm obsessing about my schoolwork I'll try to work on that while I'm filing an insurance claim for the three year old damage to my car that has suddenly become very important at the same time I absolutely have to vacuum my floor and I'm worrying about my weight and weighing myself 10 times a day.  It helps me to write things down and try to address matters one at a time.  I agree that it is a strange feeling to worry about something so much and then completely forget what that thing is.  It is disconcerting.

I thought it was only me - I've been writing things down also!! Yes it really is >.>

Oh yes. When I'm hypo manic I obsess over so many things it just starts to drain on me and I usually get none of the major stuff I'm obsessing about done. Instead I'll detail my car, landscape my yard to every inch, exercise, basically anything to draw my attention away from the major things that need to get done I'm obsessing about just to obsess about something less trivial. I'm sure that makes no sense and I'm just procrastinating and makes my anxiety worse the following days. Some days I'm all over the place others I'm locked in fear.