CrazyBoards.org

Hey all,

I have been on Clozaril for close to a year now. Usually, on this med, it's VERY rare for me to hear a voice.

Today they have been NON STOP. I was at a partial hospitalization program and they actually sent me home to get a PRN. I took 75 mgs of Clozaril and it didn't do a thing. The voices were talking about one of the therapists that run group and they just kept saying "Stab the b****" They are also telling me to hang myself because "I'm worthless".

The voices then started calling me Michael. They would say "You are Michael now. Michael needs to kill that M'Fing b****"

The PHP sent me to a doctor that wasn't my own [he was out for the day] and he was the one who prescribed the 75 mgs of Clozaril PRN. He said that I should consider ECT. But, I brought it up to my doctor once and he sort of blew me off. Maybe once the two doctors get together we can get started on setting me up for ECT.

The voices are very invasive/scary. I see my doc on Friday.

Just a heads up I live in a boarding home for people with mental illness. I am being checked on every fifteen minutes and I don't have access to anything to hurt myself with.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Peace,

L

i've had breakthrough symptoms, including on clozaril, but not so drastically so quickly without some other stressor or something changing.

i'm so sorry you're going through this and i hope it gets resolved quickly and positively to you.

did anything change recently?

oh, and i've done ECT for psychosis. it's not done often anymore for that, but, coincidentally enough, if there are coincidences...anyway, i did it right after finishing three months of clozaril. i had a lot and it definitely did break the psychosis that wouldn't quit. i had it a little over a year ago. i was all there was left in a way and i might end up doing maintenance along with the injections and other shit, but i'm unclear. did you do an extra 75 mg? clozaril wasn't quick enough and required titration for me so i'm unsure that i can offer input on that apart from saying that for quick acting, personally, zyprexa dissolvables are unbeatable. unless you get shots. in which case, there's nothing as good as a haldol ativan combo for me. maybe a prolixin one is a strong second though.

take care and i hope the voices let up. it's great that you have solid support around you! best wishes for them getting you something helpful.

Have you tried any other meds?  I've never had ECT, but I would try other meds before that.  Just my opinion.

I hope the voices calm down/go away soon for you.  They are so hard to deal with.

I'm glad you're safe.

I hope the voices let up. Breakthrough symptoms are not fun.

Melli gave a damn good answer, so I'll stop here. 

Hey guys,

My regular doc put me on Topamax and I feel 100x better. Also, the clinic I go to took a Gene Sight swab. Basically, they swab your mouth and send it to a lab. The lab determines what meds will work best for you based on your DNA. Cool, right? I should be getting the results soon!

Thanks for all the support!

Hey guys,

My regular doc put me on Topamax and I feel 100x better. Also, the clinic I go to took a Gene Sight swab. Basically, they swab your mouth and send it to a lab. The lab determines what meds will work best for you based on your DNA. Cool, right? I should be getting the results soon!

Thanks for all the support!

that's fantastic!

i've never heard of that dna thing. i hope you post afterwards; i'm super curious.

best to you x

I am really curious about the cheek-swab thing also!  Please let us know how it works out!

The Gene Sight test is 100% covered by Medicare, for those who have it.

My doctor doesn't want to try any of the meds recommended by the cheek swab. WTF? Thinking of changing docs..

Wow!  Thanks for letting us know that!  Is it called, "The Gene Sight Test?" ... if I ask about it I just want to make sure I have the name right.

My doctor doesn't want to try any of the meds recommended by the cheek swab. WTF? Thinking of changing docs..

That's strange.  The only reason I can ascertain for that is that clozaril is seen as this miracle drug and he/she may be hesitant to take you off of it?  Not sure.  

I hope you feel better soon. x

Thank you kindly for sharing the gene sight test link with us! I hope you can find someone who will try the meds it covered on you. Best of luck and I hope all goes well for you.

Damn! I don't think it's available in Canada yet. I will watch and wait. :)

Edited by San

http://assurexhealth.com/products/

Here is the link to Gene Sight website.

I'm not looking to get off Clozaril, just add an additional medication to help with this crazy depression.

cheers for the link 

so...here's what i'm not wrapping my head around, if the test indicates meds that would be good, is that not effectively testing what mental illness we have?

i mean, what do these results look like? can they prove i'm not schizophrenic?!?!? because that would be such in "in your face; i fucking told you so" to all the fuckers

well, i shouldn't get excited about things like that, but you know it does make me consider...

anyway, so the meds are specific ones they suggest or medication types they indicate?

i looked at the link and it said it would indicate which ones patients would metabolize properly, which...that's pretty vague.

anyway, you're not alone in the no antidepressants thing as they won't give me them either

but in all fairness that's because they make me psychotic

hope yours lifts somehow soon. if it's negative symptom stuff maybe ask about b vitamins or sarcosine

they'll give injections of the former, but at present i'm only taking spoonfuls of the latter

take care x