upped effexor xr to 150

The doc did this BTW because I was so depresses that all I would do is sleep. I'm still pretty depressed and have been on this mg for a week now.... How long does it take to feel this dose and is 150 a good dosage?

I take 150mg. I used to take 300mg. I found 300mg to be better but my pdoc lowered it just as I was feeling better. (,!?@&%^+*@@)

Wow, do you know why he/she lowed it? ( dont have to answer - just curious )

The doc did this BTW because I was so depresses that all I would do is sleep. I'm still pretty depressed and have been on this mg for a week now.... How long does it take to feel this dose and is 150 a good dosage?

What dosage where you on before 150? 75mg?

I was on 150mg for a while, but then some stuff happened with my then-girlfriend and I asked him to bump it up to 225mg. It's been at that dose since then, but that's more due to social anxiety than depression. Once things calmed down, I'd say the 150mg did a pretty good job with the depression -- SI went away, no random crying, no anhedonia, etc. With every subsequent dosage change, I'd say it took 3-4 weeks before I felt a difference. I'd still get dry mouth pretty quick (my main and only side effect on it, really) but actual improvement took time.

Ah, thanks for the helpful answers. Yes I was on 75 before and even tho I felt a little better I still remained depressed and just wanted to lay down. I was reading that it doesn't hit the adrenalin until 225 . Is this correct?

I take 150mg. I used to take 300mg. I found 300mg to be better but my pdoc lowered it just as I was feeling better. (,!?@&%^+*@@)

Well he sees it as "as soon as she feels better we can reduce and discontinue meds!" I see it as "the meds are working so why adjust or stop them?!?!" Ugh.

Well he sees it as "as soon as she feels better we can reduce and discontinue meds!" I see it as "the meds are working so why adjust or stop them?!?!" Ugh.

Wow - i would'nt be happy if that happened (specially if you go down hill because of it )

Ah, thanks for the helpful answers. Yes I was on 75 before and even tho I felt a little better I still remained depressed and just wanted to lay down. I was reading that it doesn't hit the adrenalin until 225 . Is this correct?

I read that somewhere too, but from personal experience I haven't really noticed anything. No increased energy, anxiety, etc.

Even at 150 mg, you still have plenty of room to go up if your doctor so decides. If I calculate correctly, you've been on 150 mg for about 3 weeks. You have to give it some more time to see whether this dose will be effective. If you are feeling really bad, don't hesitate to give your doctor a call. That's what they're there for.

Two weeks and three day's I have been on this dosage. I am just paralyzed by depression. I'm on my tablet because I'm to lazy to get up on the laptop. I called the doc and since next Monday is a holiday he won't be in. They asked if I felt like I wanted to hurt myself or others. I said no I just cannot get out of bed because I'm self loathing and just very downcast....... oh well this is my lot in life.

Wulp nearly four weeks and IDK if I feel anything or not. I heard that it can take up to a couple months to see results but I don't want to be wasting my time with a medication that may or may not be working.......It's just so effin frustrating..... I desire to just feel normal but what's normal? Oh well just got to stick with it.

Edited by sonicwhite

So I was on 150 mg for four weeks. and last monday we upped it to 225 to see if that would help....Well it's been almost a week and I really can't tell if this medication is doing jack....He suggested to give the 225 a chance than after that onto something else.....It just feels like I waited for nothing.