CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
writehellarandomshiny

I made *That?*

I'm working on another painting now.  Here;s my progress so far!

I hung my paint pallet on the wall for easier access.  I thought I'd include that in my photo.  :-)

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TakeAChillPill said:

I hung my paint pallet on the wall for easier access.  I thought I'd include that in my photo.  :-)

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

OMG is that a beautiful one!  I know you haven't finished it yet but it is off to a great start!

On May 22, 2016 at 8:22 PM, TakeAChillPill said:

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

I love the process photos. Cool pallet!! Very nice so far! Can't wait to see it all done!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

I love the process photos. Cool pallet!! Very nice so far! Can't wait to see it all done!!

Thank you.  I just wish I was as excited about this painting as I was about my cows!  Maybe I'll get a fire lit under my rear end and keep going.  :-)

Today I made a wine rack out of some horseshoes and steel bar. I Mig welded it together at school, and used the chop saw to cut the bar. We're letting it rust a bit (more) and then coating it.

winerack.jpg.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, San, that's cool! Now you just got to get yourself some vintage wine to go in it!

On 8/1/2016 at 4:23 AM, empty inside said:

tumblr_ob81u1lKTP1rktmt3o1_540.jpg

the get well card i made for my Nana after her heart attack in May.

That is beautiful!  Must have taken a long time to make!

Finally.  At it again.

Question- I used a photograph i found online as inspiration.  Of course I'm not a realist painter but you can see the resemblance.  When you find a random copyrighted image online e and paint it on a canvas, at what point is it plagiarism?  

Anyways, i call it Spirit Horse.

14519698_10154594149851057_2137261153565713654_n.jpg

14568113_10154594149841057_3544435910277202591_n.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TakeAChillPill said:

Question- I used a photograph i found online as inspiration.  Of course I'm not a realist painter but you can see the resemblance.  When you find a random copyrighted image online e and paint it on a canvas, at what point is it plagiarism?  

Good question.  Sometimes with copyrighted things, you have to ask the person if you can (copy what they did or something like that).  OR, sometimes if you add the link from where you got the picture, it is ok because it is the original source.  That is all I can think of right now.  That is a great painting!

• Like 1

That is a beautiful necklace!  You are very talented TACP, along with the paintings and colorings, and everything else you have shown us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

That is a beautiful necklace!  You are very talented TACP, along with the paintings and colorings, and everything else you have shown us.

Thanks you so much Melissa!  I really appreciate it.  :-)

Art didn't come exactly naturally to me.  It's been a lifelong journey.  I've always loved and appreciated art.  It has been a struggle to make things worthwhile and aesthetically pleasing.  I never thought I'd consider myself an artist.  :-)

I made a short silent film about bereavement and grief for my first coursework project for university a while back with some of my uni class mates.

We've had quite a lot of setbacks(especially with casting and pre-production) and we were on an extreme tight schedule hence some of the cinematography fuck ups. We came up with the story together but I hated the ending because it was depressing as fuck but I was outvoted. I also wrote the screenplay for it. This is my edit.

• Like 1

I decide to make my own weighted blanket yesterday. I anticipated a rage-quit but it was actually easier than I thought. 

For those who may ask: 

I used 2 pieces of Flannel fabric. The BEST choice I made was picking a flannel that had both horizontal and vertical lines...this made it INCREDIBLY easy to sew the straight lines. For the insides, I used fish tank rocks (clean, fresh out of the bag!) because they're WAY cheaper than the polymer pellets, AND they're heavier and for an adult the weight obviously needs to be more. 5-10% of your body weight to be therapeutic. Total weight of this blanket is 25 lbs. 

I sewed around the 3 sides of fabric, good sides together, then turned inside out. Should have ironed but didn't because I don't own an iron. Then sewed columns up the length of the fabric. Filled the columns with 1/2 cup of rocks and then sewed across the row, one row at a time. Very careful to not get any rocks in the way of the needle or else it'll break. 

I got 6 columns and 9 rows, so 54 total squares, at 5x5 inches per square. Had some extra fabric at the top (was anticipating a 10th row but ran out of rocks) so I folded it over and top-stitched. 

15871539_10158259024025105_5664394492151

• Like 1