The beginning

After telling myself it would be "a good idea" for the longest time, I've finally joined some sort of online mental illness community. I need a place where I can joke around about, vent about, or just discuss my issues without making people uncomfortable or making myself feel like an attention whore.

I have an amazing, supportive partner, but his mental health is important too; occasionally talking this dark stuff out with sympathetic strangers instead of someone who cares deeply about me might be beneficial for both of us.

Looking forward to blogging and talking to you all.

Welcome to CB! This is a very supportive community.  

Please read our rules if you haven't already (found in the bottom right hand corner of the screen), and feel free to contact any staff members if you have questions.

See you on the boards!

Hello and welcome.

"The beginning"

"In  the beginning the universe was created.  This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe."

Chris.

Hey! What's good? I totally understand about trying to find a secondary outline for some of your thoughts and feelings other than a significant other/family. Sometimes they don't get it or you've gone to them before and they're overwhelmed and feel guilty for being able to help you. It's a tough road to travel but I'm glad you came here to hopefully get some of this off your chest.

After telling myself it would be "a good idea" for the longest time, I've finally joined some sort of online mental illness community. I need a place where I can joke around about, vent about, or just discuss my issues without making people uncomfortable or making myself feel like an attention whore.

I have an amazing, supportive partner, but his mental health is important too; occasionally talking this dark stuff out with sympathetic strangers instead of someone who cares deeply about me might be beneficial for both of us.

Looking forward to blogging and talking to you all.

I have also come here recently for the same reason. This seems like a wonderful place that we can talk without overburdening our significant others.

• 2 weeks later...