CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
iceland lollipop

[Depression, other] -> New type of Antidepressant ? Serotonin-dopamine reuptake inhibitors

Hi,

According to quick research there are currently only 2 known SDRI'S :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTI-83
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UWA-101

Question:
- How come there is not more research being put into these for people with depression?.

Experience:
- When I was on a NRI I felt awful. I felt so bad. Stuff that would be stimulating,fun,enjoyable,happy,etc was not when I was on the NRI. It made me feel like I just wanted to do nothing. I would take it and just be so sleepy and disconnected in the world.

Because really when I was on the NRI it made me feel so bad. I found NOTHING interesting. Lets say you woke up feeling happy and really good about life and there was so many things to do and you enjoyed everything -> Then I take the NRI and I loose interest in everything.

Overview:
and I WISH THAT ANYONE with real depression or anyone that is suffering that they do get better no matter what. You have all these anti-drug people, and god DAM IT. DAM THEM TO HELL. Maybe the current antidepressants are not the best but god dam, if someone is really suffering really then GIVE THEM whatever they need to feel better or help them in any way. Really, and some people in this world are really suffering I think regarding the depression side (and not something that can be fixed by exercise,sleep,diet), some people really they have experienced something (remember watching something that a women saw a friend kill her self and that she could of stopped it or something and she was there as it happened,etc). and or whatever it is. May dose people get help. It was on some TV show and she was doing therapy (MDMA, and there was a trainer there that gave her the MDMA and she would close her eyes and relax and that sort of stuff. And that she would do that every couple of weeks or months. And sure therapy too can help. But god dam, if the people in power see the anti-drugs (the people that go out protesting against prozac), maybe they do have a point as in , well maybe if the medical side pulled their finger out of their hole and started developing new and or different treatments for depression (medications, and or even), well as in I think the women that was using the MDMA every couple of weeks to months with a other women giving her therapy that's a lot better than some prozac every day and then the people with real depression having withdrawals from it,etc. (And and still too if there is a pill that the people can take any/every day,etc then good for them and if its working and they are better from it then all good +++ )

Medications:
- From my understanding most of the antidepressants (Zoloft,Prozac,etc) are SNRI'S.

Your opinion/experience?:
- Have they not tested SDRI's on people with depression?, would that not work better?.

For the record, Zoloft and Prozac are SSRIs, not SNRIs.

Regularly taking MDMA has the potential to cause brain damage.  Just throwing that out there.

Regularly taking MDMA has the potential to cause brain damage.  Just throwing that out there.

OK,

Well if MDMA is used under the supervision of a professional ????

thanks.

It was on some TV show and she was doing therapy (MDMA, and there was a trainer there that gave her the MDMA and she would close her eyes and relax and that sort of stuff. And that she would do that every couple of weeks or months. And sure therapy too can help.

Many decades ago before the BRAIN DAMAGE was discovered, my aunt and uncle did MDMA with a therapist. They brought some down to me during a family get-together. That was the one and only time I tried that med.  Yeah, I felt happy but I also was so open I disregarded signals from other people and told my father I wanted to be an artist, not a lawyer. He shot me down so hard to this day I feel the trauma.

My aunt and uncle divorced soon after and she went into a major batshit episode.

So, yeah, I am very glad MDMA is outlawed and not used for meds.

Meds without therapy is useless just as Therapy without meds can be useless.  Taking a pill will not fix anything without understanding what exactly is happening in your soul, your mind and your body. 

Full Disclosure; I didn't click on any on the links above.  

Just curious: you posted five topics within a half hour, most of which are telling US what to do, not asking us questions that might help you.

Is there something we can help YOU with Iceland?

OK, well said. Maybe indeed, and it is MDMA is not so good. There's much safer out there, and more to come.

What about LSD???

WTF???

Are you out of your mind already. :-}

LSD is extremely dangerous drug. That IS one drug I have done. Also mushrooms.  There is NO WAY ON EARTH any sane person would suggest LSD as a med for a crazy person. Way way too out there.  

I am beginning to think you are a troll.

OK, well said. Maybe indeed, and it is MDMA is not so good. There's much safer out there, and more to come.

What about LSD???

WTF???

Are you out of your mind already. :-}

LSD is extremely dangerous drug. That IS one drug I have done. Also mushrooms.  There is NO WAY ON EARTH any sane person would suggest LSD as a med for a crazy person. Way way too out there.  

I am beginning to think you are a troll.

Hello,

No no no, of course LSD is dangerous. But BACK IN THE 60's, PSYCHIATRISTS were testing them on people with Depression,

And people with depression,PTSD,etc,etc were pretty much "cured", as in it gave them a whole new way to look at the world.

So what if the psychiatrist had a session with a person with depression, gave them LSD, for the one session, put the music on for them, and did their psychology on the person, then the person will be changed for life (in a good way).

and then, even as a plus the person could take antidepressants also.

people always say that they feel amazing after taking lsd.

so what would be the effects of taking lsd with a shrink, and then going on antidepressants?

so what would be the effects of taking lsd with a shrink, and then going on antidepressants?

bad bad bad.  That was Timothy Leary you are thinking of.

I just noticed that you are 16 years old.

Your brain is still growing and is VERY sensitive to whatever you are putting in your body.

Please don't try MDMA or LSD.  

I know someone who did so much LSD so young he fucked his brain up forever.

There is a site that monitors and has trial treatment protocols for MDMA assisted psychotherapy for treatment-resistant PTSD.

You can read more at http://www.maps.org

Hi Iceland,

Welcome. I'm new too.

"UWA-101 is a phenylethylamine derivative... very similar to... MDMA". But not MDMA.

Phenylethylamine "is an organic compound and a natural Monoamine alkaloid".

MAOI's (Monoamine oxydase Inhibitors) are an older class of anti-D's that increase monoamine levels.

Unfortunately noncompliance was higher with these due to dietary restrictions and side effects, though I had success with Nardil for a number of years.

Wooster, thanks for your link, I had no idea these of these studies. I see my info is irrelavent for the mostpart, but I'll leave it up bc it does hold a slight connection.

Been

Edited by beenaround

bad bad bad.  That was Timothy Leary you are thinking of.

I just noticed that you are 16 years old.

Your brain is still growing and is VERY sensitive to whatever you are putting in your body.

Please don't try MDMA or LSD.  

I know someone who did so much LSD so young he fucked his brain up forever.

timmy is awesome man :)

You have to be careful when you are dealing with dopamine. Dopamine pathways are considered to be strong reward pathways and as such a lot of the drugs that are dopamine reuptake inhibitors have strong abuse potential. Legal drugs like adderall and Ritalin. Illegal drugs like cocaine and MDMA and meth. Too much dopamine=euphoric, stimulating and addicting. Probably the biggest reason we only have one AD at the moment, wellbutrin, that inhibits dopamine reuptake. And it's mild at that(but yet noticable).

I read while back where takeda currently has a triple reuptake inhibitor in phase 2 trials at the moment.

Edited by quiet storm

Uh... ever heard of MK ULTRA and the experiments they did on patients with drugs such as LSD?

As quiet storm says, one has to be really careful with dopamine and its pathways.

This episode of The Nature of Things, originally broadcast 2012, recently aired in May 2014 and highly informational.

"Surviving the Teenage Brain" - imo crucial viewing and goes into detail about dopamine pathways.

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/surviving-the-teenage-brain

Unfortunately, says only viewable in Canada? If so, perhaps this link will help.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows/The+Nature+of+Things/ID/2188547727/

Take care - Been