CrazyBoards.org

I know a lot of us struggle with cleaning. Some of us do cleaning in spurts (with timers). Others make a to-do list. Still others of us... dance on the floor and jiggle with monkeys, I guess.

This thread is about challenging yourself to clean. Why? Because cleaning fucking sucks. And sometimes it's nice to have accountability for shit. 

A thread might look like this:

Poster #1: My goal is to clean for 15 minutes. *Edited 20 minutes later* Done! 

Poster #2: My goal is to make my bed. *Edited three hours later* Done! <that'd be me

ETC, ETC, etc. Whatever helps you

So, what are your cleaning goals for today? 

And you are certainly welcome to make more than one post per day... Like if you decide to do 16 rounds of cleaning (you're braver than I am.)

Cleaners, challenge yourself.

SPRING IS PRETENDING TO BE HERE!

Let's pretend to clean. 

Day #1: My goal is to make my bed. I also have a goal to pack up some stuff since I'm on the verge of moving... And maybe get the toothpaste out of my rug. 

aaaFluoride-waste-tooth-paste.jpg

okay, not really. it looks more like this. 

toothpaste-stain-fabric.jpg

I *finally* (after months of being bothered by it) straightened, dusted, and decluttered (as much as my spouse will let me) the bookshelf!!!

HUZZAH!

I always clean with music on in the background, preferably something I can sing (tunelessly) along to.  It mysteriously makes the dishes clean faster.  

And on that note, if I'm feeling blah about cleaning and have to choose which rooms to tackle, it's always the kitchen and bathroom... because dirty bathrooms are just nausea-inducing, and something about a clean kitchen makes it look as if I'm more in control than I am.

Oh, and I always make my bed.  Again, it gives the illusion of control.

PS since it's winter here, does that give me a free pass NOT to clean??

Edited by miab

I forgot to take a "before" photo, but here is the "after" of the book shelf.

I wish I could make it look super super neat and tidy, but I suspect this is as good as it's going to get.

gallery_4472_323_898532.jpg

My ultimate goal is to get the house clean enough to put on the market when we're ready to sell - which is soon.

Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

I'll settle for getting the kitchen as clean as possible today.

Edited: Wooster, that looks 10x neater than any of my bookshelves!

Edited by Rabbit37

Thanks, rabbit.

The 'before' would have had books stacked every which way and a bunch of crap that's not books (aside from what got to stay).

Have you looked at flylady.net or unfuck your habitat for ideas on making moving, decluttering, and cleaning easier?

I now use UfYH more than FLYlady, but I still like FLYlady's lists.

My goals for today are: 

Hug hubby

Get off the couch​

Wash returning daughter's bedding so she can go straight to bed (sorry to kitty who has been sleeping in that bed for the past 6 months)

Clean the dogs ears

Finish the bathroom & linen closet

Go for a walk

;) 

Wash a load of dishes

Clean off desk

Clean off table save dishes

Get rid of any old food before it goes to a health code risk

Get any trash off kitchen floor

10 minutes in boys' room

Totally forgot about this list.

Edited by chantho

Clean out evolving life forms from the refrigerator. [deferred to Monday]

Hose down inside of fridge. [deferred to Monday]

Vaccum couch and floors, preferably before friend comes over this afternoon. [done! even put baking soda on for about an hour to help deodorize]

Laundry washed, dried, and put away [done]

Make blueberry muffins [done]

Clean up kitchen [done except mopping the floor]

Wash pet bedding and food/water dishes [done]

Yay! I win a clean apartment. :D

Thanks, Wooster, for the UfYH site, I didn't know about that. It sounds like my kind of place, lol.

I'm about to go mow the lawn, does that count? It's seriously messy.

You betcha Rabbit.

Their app is on sale fo 99 cents this weekend, so I downloaded it and am just now playing with it.

Also, this is what happens when the dog's bedding gets washed at our house:

med_gallery_4472_287_573856.jpg

MY Cleaning Goal for Today:

Clean upstairs bathroom, or at least make a start at it

wash each dish/utensil when I'm done using it... yay! I did it. My sink is empty and my drying rack is full.