CrazyBoards.org

I've named the mess in my living room 'Harold'.
I'm going to murder the fuck out of Harold tomorrow and stuff him in a dumpster.

• Like 1

My daughter just left to pick up an out of town friend for the weekend. Cleaning like mad, and now I’m getting into a decluttering mood. Hoping that’s a good thing. 

And I learned a new word... “scurryfunge”... literally means rushing around cleaning when company is on their way over 😂

On 10/19/2019 at 9:46 AM, Rabbit37 said:

My daughter just left to pick up an out of town friend for the weekend. Cleaning like mad, and now I’m getting into a decluttering mood. Hoping that’s a good thing. 

And I learned a new word... “scurryfunge”... literally means rushing around cleaning when company is on their way over 😂

That's what I did today. I scurryfunged until I gave up. Glad to know there's a word! Still the clutter to contend with, but I cleaned the bathroom did basic straightening up and sweeping vacuuming, and made the house smell nice.

I’d like to take a moment to bemoan the state of my back yard.

Mud. More than half of it. Grass won’t grow because of the complete shade from our enormous maple tree, and because it’s completely demoralized after dealing with twenty years of dogs, multiple dogs at a time. Running. Playing. Aggie loves to dig holes. 

We are on track to have the wettest year on record, and the snow hasn’t even started yet. So all that grassless area has just been mud for most of the year, since the ground thawed in April. 

Thus, on any given day, my cleaning goal could, and should, be “cleaned the floor.” Because the fuzzy little buggers do not wipe their feet. Even when the ground is dry, they track in dirt, and leaves, and twigs, and miscellaneous detritus from the tree. Ever seen those pretty spinners maple trees send down as seeds? We have them. By the thousands. One end is slightly sticky. Adheres really well to dog fur. 

It is just too damn much to scrub the floors every single day, but today I did it. It was quite the thing. 

5 hours ago, Gearhead said:

I’d like to take a moment to bemoan the state of my back yard.

Mud. More than half of it. Grass won’t grow because of the complete shade from our enormous maple tree, and because it’s completely demoralized after dealing with twenty years of dogs, multiple dogs at a time. Running. Playing. Aggie loves to dig holes. 

We are on track to have the wettest year on record, and the snow hasn’t even started yet. So all that grassless area has just been mud for most of the year, since the ground thawed in April. 

Thus, on any given day, my cleaning goal could, and should, be “cleaned the floor.” Because the fuzzy little buggers do not wipe their feet. Even when the ground is dry, they track in dirt, and leaves, and twigs, and miscellaneous detritus from the tree. Ever seen those pretty spinners maple trees send down as seeds? We have them. By the thousands. One end is slightly sticky. Adheres really well to dog fur. 

It is just too damn much to scrub the floors every single day, but today I did it. It was quite the thing. 

Same. Every night my friend and I watch our two goofy happy idiotic 70lb dogs trample any blade of grass that had hope, while we watch, drink wine and laugh. But kudos for mopping! <don’t look now, I think Aggie just reversed the clean floors>

I’d like to take a moment to bemoan the state of my attic. It’s filled with stuff taken from my parents house after they passed. It is so depressing to me. After I quit smoking pot, I barely go up there anymore and I’m not painting. But I need to start getting rid of the clutter. It feels like it’s cluttering up my soul. I know I can do this, I need to find a home for everything up there or take it out of the house altogether.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:35 AM, water said:

I need to find a home for everything up there or take it out of the house altogether.

Goodwill or Salvation Army?

At one point I had drain flies (you haven't lived until -- due to leak in kitchen), cereal moths (soon to be ex leaving shit open), and fruit gnats  (which I also blame on soon to be ex.)

When the locusts start arriving it may be time to dive deeper into numerology

Edited by Will

my room, henceforth known as "The Science Experiment," is out of fucking control. I have cleaned it multiple times, but due to household renovations, a surprise visit by relatives, and health issues, it's turned into a terrifying mess that has eaten a few rewards club cards, a spare phone that I use to play games, and some very important papers. It's got a clothes monster, a messed up desk monster, and the top of my closet makes me not want to open it. if I do, what's up there will try to kill me by falling on my head

here's a list of what i need to do today:

[x] clean sink, including organizing all the shit on it
[x] clean toilet and scrub out the ring
[x] scrub shower
[x] sweep and swiffer bathroom floor
[x] clean mirror
[x] shake out bathroom rugs

[x] pick up clothes of floor of bedroom
[x] hang/fold clean clothes and put dirty clothes in hamper
[/] load of laundry (in the washer now)
[x] make bed
[x] sweep bedroom

i also repaired a rip in my favourite jeans!

Edited by echolocation
update w/ progress

I unloaded the dishwasher, put everything away, reloaded it, and started it. Now I’m thinking about folding the three loads of laundry that patiently await me. That’s probably as far as I’ll get. I was busy.