CrazyBoards.org

Hi Everyone,

Really stressed lately. Crying as I type this. I've dealt with bpd, depression, anxiety etc. for so many years. I've changed much of my destructive behaviors and behave more like an adult. However, at the ripe old age of 64 the infant inside still comes out. I've had that "falling over a cliff" felling lately and it's getting worse. My Pdoc prescribed lamictal starting with 25 mg a day. It's been 10 days and I've been feeling worse. I've also gotten 2 migraines in two weeks, which is unusual for me. I called my Pdoc today, and she wants me to give it more of a chance. I just don't know if it's pushing me the rest of the way over the cliff. I think the only real me is the scared infant and everything else is a facade. I'm not suicidal or anything, I just don't want to fall apart again. I know there are no definite answers, I just wanted to vent to people that care and understand. Thanks.

I am sorry that you feel so unwell.

I am on Lamictal and I did find that I had more mood swings as I was trying to get to a decent dose but I find it really helpful one that I am there.

Just wanted to add that I think people have a lot of sides to them.  For people with BPD, those sides can feel pretty distinct and separate and there can be a lot of conflict around that.

It's really hard to have an adult body and emotions that don't feel like they are from an adult place.

I hope you feel better soon.

Lamictal has helped me greatly. It has pulled me out of deep depression.

Welcome to the boards! And sorry you are feeling so poorly.