CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Butterflykisses

2014-2015 students want to VENT!

I figured I would start a thread for this new school year.

I am back in school after a year off. I am a junior.

My first *vent*

My statistics professor spent a whole 5 minutes teaching statistics. How the hell am I supposed to learn this stuff??

Edited by Butterflykisses

Because I wasnt feeling so great during the summer exams I had to take mine with the resit students last week.

Because I'm yet to get my results it means I cant yet register for my second year & pick my elective modules

Out of all the modules available there are only one in each semester that appeal to me, I'm dreading those modules being full up and me being left with duds that I'll hate :(

My last term went through August 22nd and my next term starts Sept 2nd.  Now I have one week to do ALL OF THE THINGS that I didn't do previously because I was doing school.

<_<

Butterfly,

Statistics is tough even with a good teacher. Can you find a tutorial or take advantage of his office hours.

When I had the class 30 years ago I had mt first ever Indian teacher. The topi visit tough enough even with a natural English speaker.

I'm still waiting to hear if I'll be a student or not. Seven days from now school starts. I don't know whether to give notice at my job or not. I don't know if I should prepare or not, or what that might entail.

I start my courses today. It's six hours of math a week in class and it's unlikely that there are even enough hours left in the week for me to understand the shit.

I'm leaving in an hour and probably should take a fucking klonopin.

It's probably not going to be as big of a deal as I think right now.

But I have this he character flaw- I'm REAAAALLLLY fucking lazy. Like, fucking oh my god so lazy.

I'm still waiting to hear if I'll be a student or not. Seven days from now school starts. I don't know whether to give notice at my job or not. I don't know if I should prepare or not, or what that might entail.

I feel for you. I found out on Saturday that I was registered for a class that started today. Yippee! I hope you get in; I know it means a lot to you.

VENT- my statistics professor is sick today so class was cancelled so now I have to wait to see till next Wednesday (Monday is a holiday) if I will learn something then. I cant start the millions of pages of hw until I understand what is going on.

Good news- I have professional notetakers in all the classes I requested them in since no students volunteered (which I don't understand since they would have been getting paid).

VENT-no big assignments are due until mid September, I don't understand them at all/professor hasn't gone over it so I am stuck waiting. (It will probably be me writing a last minute paper) lol.  

Thanks Gearhead. I still haven't heard anything nor is the admissions office answering email queries (and they never pick up the phone). If they disqualified me for not doing the admissions test that they told me that I didn't need to do I'll be really not impressed.

I'm waiting for my textbooks to come in the mail. Until then I really can't study, which isn't good. I need all the studying time I can get! I'm taking two difficult classes (Chemistry for Health Science, and Anatomy & Physiology.)

One of my books should arrive today, but I have no idea when FedEx will show up. The rest should be in sometime next week.

My professors suck. They tell us the concepts of what we are learning, but it is all math! I do not know how to do the math! Why can't you show me that?? I tried to go in during office hours multiple times and asked, how do you do the math? Straight forward right? Pfft, he still tells me the same thing he teaches in the class and ignores my question. He acts like I asked something completely different. How am I supposed to do this if I can't even get the final answer? On top of that, the class moves at a redicoulsly fast past. I thought calculus and organic chemistry was hard, but that was baby stuff. How can I do it when we cover a new chapter every class. I'm still stuck on chapter 1!! Where are we now... chapter 7? Uh oh.  :wall:

You want us to do what? So let me get this straight, I have to learn the concepts, the math (calculus, stats, trig, and algebra in one problem), AND learn computer programming to solve half of them? How much longer until the exam? One week????  :angry:  fml. 

My Religions of the World teacher is incapable of writing a syllabus that actually contains page numbers for the readings. Seriously.

It looks like my callses this semester are about 90% based on memorization. My memory is shot because of my meds. I can understand and remember concepts, but memorizing specific bits of data is insurmountably difficult for me.

This semester is going to be wretched...

I started my 1st year, 1st semester finally. I was going to start last fall but ended up moving to NY and it would have been smart of me to wait a year after moving so I could get in-state tuition. I have 3 classes online and 3 on campus, no Monday classes so I can solely concentrate on working on existing schoolwork.

I have all 100s so far but I have 2 tests and an English essay due on Thursday so I'm pretty sure my grade will drop some. Psychology and my online classes are extremely easy but Statistics and English... Oh man.

I'm really happy I'm in school,though. I have been bored with my life for such a long time and can finally wake up knowing I have things to do and if I don't do them, I'm pretty much throwing money down the drain.

But yeah, since I have tests on Thursday, this will be one messed up week.I'm sure it'll mess with my stability but I'm confident it'll work out okay.

My meds make my memory kind of shot, and my anatomy and physiology class is based mostly on memorizing terminology. I can study all day long, and I'll remember hardly anything. :wall:

No complaints yet. Got a 100% on first paper for one of my classes. Had other class professor review paper and am good to go for that class. And my statistics class is going well. 2 tests next week. May have a complaint then. lol