CrazyBoards.org

So for the past 3 days or so i've been feeling like I must be jesus. Alot of weird coincidences have been happening, and ever since I was little I could think about something and it would happen that instance. I can hear people praying to me, even in different languages. The thing is, i'm not delusional. A counsellor once told me people who have delusions don't recognize the absurdity of the thoughts. I recognize this could be classified as a "delusion" to many doctors and such though. Oh well, just thought i'd share.

Edited by maddy232

It is possible to think things which aren't necessarily true without being delusional about them.

I agree with dianthus on telling your doctors. This is probably relevant to your treatment.

It's perfectly possible to have insight into delusions and whatnot. I agree with the others, telling your treatment team is important so it can be managed before it gets worse. If its hard to explain, print out what you wrote, or write something else out and bring it with you. That's been suggested to me and I find it makes things easier to talk about, and you don't forget anything. Let us know how you're doing!

I don't see a reason to tell my treatment team, they take everything I say as a joke. I can't imagine what they'll think of this. I don't know when I see my pdoc again, but maybe i'll let my counsellor know next time I see her.

Edited by maddy232

I've had sort of the opposite idea at one point in my life... that I was the antichrist.  Although now I consider that to be a delusion and can laugh about it.  I'm glad I got help before I tried to harm myself.

Anyway, I agree with the others that you need to share your thoughts with a professional.  

I had the praying for me in other languages before. One night I was in my bed and I felt people gathered around my bed to pray for me. I couldnt see them only hear them. I felt they were some kind of oriental monks. I couldnt understand what they were praying. I didnt feel like Jesús or important though. I felt like the regular me, and even safe because they were praying for me