CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone who has ever had night time depression ever fix it? If so I am interested how. I have been on Cymbalta and now Wellbutrin, but the meds both seemed to wear off around 6-7pm. It's frustrating because its like riding a roller coaster each day. I am a completely different person from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed. It's not due to the fact im "alone" more at night either. I know some people get it worse in the mornings, any luck fixing it or are we all just screwed?

I still have issues with it time to time. Maybe talk to your pdoc about changing the time you take it? I take my Zoloft & Cymbalta only at night, my Buspar is once in morning, once in afternoon, and once at night. Also, try occupying yourself with things such you go to bed. Medications helps, but my pdoc always reminds me there is no "miracle drug". So find out what makes your depression worse or better. Being alone is one of mine, but it's also occupying myself helps. Reading, playing a video game, anything that distracts me from thinking too hard, until I'm tired enough to go to sleep.

Hope that helps a little.

My depression always gets worse in the late afternoon/early evening but then relents somewhat in the early hours of the morning (after 2 am). If it's really bad, I will go to bed early. Usually a good night's sleep will reset my brain. Otherwise, I just find things to distract myself with: television, internet, or books or occupy myself with mathematics. I'm not a big video game player, but I can see how that might be useful too.

My depression is much better on my current cocktail and this is not such a big issue for me now. Plus, one of my night meds is Remeron and that is like a hammer. No matter how bad I'm feeling, the sedation usually overwhelms the bad feeling. After I take it, I'm "in the zone" and wake up feeling pretty good.

I have nighttime depression too.  For me, I think it's the lonliness and regret for what I should have accomplished today.  Every night I feel like I'm a failure, going to bed by myself, nothing's really changed.  I do not think it has to do with when I take my meds.  Honestly, I'm pretty bad about consistency, so I take my meds whenever I remember, be that morning or evening, at least I took them today.

The ambien helps, because once I take that, I just go off to dreamland and my brain "resets" like someone said above, and I have a whole new chance to do something another day.  Plus, when I'm late and have all these places to be during the day, I don't have as much time to ruminate.

Distractions do help... I watch my netflix at night (and eat) until I'm ready for bed.  I'm not really suggesting eating, but I'm not overweight, and it seems to help me...