CrazyBoards.org

I went down to the hospital last night, and the night before. Voices were telling me to kill myself. The first night they wanted to admit me, but had no beds, so I went home. I didn't want to wait. The second night they changed my meds, which the first night they said they would never do, but whatever. So now I am back on Saphris. They stopped the Haldol and Latuda. 

And even though I told them about the psycho-educational assessment and the diagnosis of Schizoaffective from it, they kept talking about my last inpatient doctor, Dr. C's, opinion that it was Borderline that I have. The first night's doctor said he wasn't going to say much because he didn't know me well, but the second night's doctor went on about how wonderful and amazing of a doctor Dr. C was and how he respected her opinion. 

I see my pdoc, Dr. G, on October 6th, and I was wondering... Should I still bring in the results of the psycho-educational assessment for her to read? Does it really matter what these two doctors think? I spent days giving history to and doing testing with the doctor I received my SZA diagnosis with... I only saw these two doctors for 30 minutes, at the most. Wouldn't the SZA diagnosis be more accurate? Even inpatient I only saw Dr. C a few times, and she wouldn't even listen to me... She was just hell bent on being right that I had BPD...

I would go by what your treating pdoc says about your condition.

When I was IP back in July, the pdoc there changed my dx to psychosis NOS. But my treating Pdoc says Schizophrenia and he didn't agree with the IP pdoc...so kept my dx schizophrenia.

My point is...your treating pdoc sees you more and knows you better.

My treating pdoc says she isn't sure what the DX is anymore. But she writes SZA on everything I see, so I don't know. The doctor that did my psycho-educational assessment said SZA so I was going to show that report to my pdoc.. Hopefully she will go with that..

I hear voices outside my head off medication, and inside my head on medication. I also see cats, mice, men, shadows, shapes, and colours. And faces. And I think people are after me, following me, reading my mind, putting thoughts in my head, out to get me, the TV is saying my name, etc. off meds. I got diagnosed with SZA for those symptoms by at least 5 doctors. But my attending pdoc isn't sure what my diagnosis is anymore, that's why I wanted to show her the psycho-ed report.

Psychosis is actually sometimes part of BPD, but it's supposed to be clearly in response to stress, usually of the relationship variety.

I'd favour your treating Pdoc's assessment too.

Edited by Lexie

I also would go with what your regular pdoc says.  She probably knows you best since she sees you more/knows you better.

My treating pdoc says she isn't sure what the DX is anymore. But she writes SZA on everything I see, so I don't know. The doctor that did my psycho-educational assessment said SZA so I was going to show that report to my pdoc.. Hopefully she will go with that..

^^ in bold ... I would ask your pdoc (the one who you usually see) specifically about this, if this is your diagnosis, because she writes it down on things you see.  And if not, why is she writing it.  And if yes, then you know your diagnosis.  (I think that is what you are asking?)

Lexie, I do hear and see things even when not stressed. Sometimes I just hear mumbling I can't make out for no reason.

Melissa, she says she writes that so I can get services, because my school needed a dx to go by. But she wrote it on my papers for disability too. But that was a long time ago. The doctor I had the psych-educational assessment with said SZA, so I am going to show that to my treating pdoc when I see her next.

Melissa, she says she writes that so I can get services, because my school needed a dx to go by. But she wrote it on my papers for disability too. But that was a long time ago. The doctor I had the psych-educational assessment with said SZA, so I am going to show that to my treating pdoc when I see her next.

Even though it was a long time ago that she wrote SZA on your disability (and other) forms, your diagnosis still might be that.  It might not have changed over time, and the assessment now confirms what she already wrote.

Even though it was a long time ago that she wrote SZA on your disability (and other) forms, your diagnosis still might be that.  It might not have changed over time, and the assessment now confirms what she already wrote. I think you are probably right Melissa. I am going to show her the assessment in a way of confirming the diagnosis hopefully. Thanks!