CrazyBoards.org

What does your username stand for?

In Norse myth, Mim, or Mímir, is a figure of wisdom and learning. He is beheaded during the Æsir-Vanir War, but the head comes into Odin's possession, and Odin consults it for its counsel.

Mad Madam Mim is also the villainous sorceress from the Disney version of The Sword in the Stone.

The name is intended as tongue in cheek self-deprecating wit.

Edited by Mim

my mum told me

my life was wasted

and had become

full of

"yarn and cats"

which 

seemed rather

pleasant to me

i suppose 

she wanted me

to be a

bit more,

um,

bitter?

regretful?

like her?

(sorry mum)

there does

seem to be

quite an excess

of yarn and cats

here

the only problem being

when the 

two mix:

"carn and yats"

can be a bit

of a

sticky wicket

Well, if you use the English alphabet instead of the Russian Cyrillic alphabet, then the translation of English's 'Mirage' becomes 'Mirazh' in Russian.

So, Mirage. In Russian, but not Cyrillic.

Tho, I've taught myself to write in the Russian Cyrillic alphabet, and can do Mirazh properly.

But I'm on my mobile so you just get a cut&paste:

мираж

Yeah I like my hand-drawn 'zh' letter thing better, but oh well.

Well, if you use the English alphabet instead of the Russian Cyrillic alphabet, then the translation of English's 'Mirage' becomes 'Mirazh' in Russian.

So, Mirage. In Russian, but not Cyrillic.

Tho, I've taught myself to write in the Russian Cyrillic alphabet, and can do Mirazh properly.

But I'm on my mobile so you just get a cut&paste:

мираж

Yeah I like my hand-drawn 'zh' letter thing better, but oh well.

I like the 90s song by Vostok (Восток):

Миражи - это наша жизнь.

Mirages - it's our life.

It's even better 'cause I used to be Miron.

http://www.behindthename.com/name/myron

Yes that's Myron, but note the Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, and Romanian variations of the same name - Miron.

Miron/Myron is connected to purfume, incense, myrrh, etc.

A combination of things left me with both desire and opportunity to have it changed. I initially wanted Mirage, hey it was different yet still familiar, but it wasn't available. So off to Russian I went. :P I'm extremely attatched to Mirazh now. :)

You should see me worldbuilding. Not that I can write. But worldbuilding is why I taught myself Russian Cyrillic. I know a shitton of names, typical naming conventions, and all sorts of other useless stuff. :D Though it was nice to learn how to write Mirazh in Cyrillic for the first time.

... I know both printing in Cyrillic, and cursive. I'd cry out for help but honestly my obsessive interests make me so damn flappyhappy soooooo oh well.

You should see me worldbuilding. Not that I can write. But worldbuilding is why I taught myself Russian Cyrillic. I know a shitton of names, typical naming conventions, and all sorts of other useless stuff. :D Though it was nice to learn how to write Mirazh in Cyrillic for the first time.

... I know both printing in Cyrillic, and cursive. I'd cry out for help but honestly my obsessive interests make me so damn flappyhappy soooooo oh well.

That is really neat.  Not that I plan on doing it, but it would be nice if I knew that so I could write in a diary and if/when found no one would understand it.  And I wouldn't feel violated.

• 2 weeks later...

"The Hitcher" and accompanying avatar is the creation of a British comedian named Noel Fielding, popularised in the comedy series The Mighty Boosh! Seeing as I have a London accent, am a tad touched and can be very antisocial, I thought it fit perfectly. Although I'm not green...