CrazyBoards.org

Anxiety

I woke up this morning feeling extremely anxious, like stomach-sickeningly anxious, can't eat anything, feel weak and jittery all over.  I want to cry or sleep or both.

Something is definitely going on, I'll call pdoc in a minute.... does this sound like something you've experienced?

I've been getting this quite a lot lately. Saw my Pdoc yesterday and he said he can either give me an anti anxiety now or I can wait and see how I go and call him if I decide I need one. For me, it is probably from the depakote because it is happening more frequently than usual. He said it might settle down a bit once I've been on the depakote for longer. I've been on it about six weeks so far.

count me in too :( this happens alot in my world... I do what Phoenix said, up the nighttime dose. It doesn't work that well for me because of the short half-life of Xanax, but I do take an extra pill in the wee hours of the morning so I can stay calm and sleep until the alarm goes off. I've heard good things about the Klonopin that Phoenix was talking about so that may be a good bet for you (I'm thinking of trying that as well)

I hope you did call your doc. 

I've felt like this, but for me it was situational. When I resolved the situation, the problem went away. Now it's something I deal with mostly just when I'm stressed out. My homemade fix for this is a combination of breathing exercises, and keeping as normal a routine as possible. It helps me to distract myself by doing house or yard work if I'm able, so that anxious mind isn't running the show quite so much. If work is a no-go, I'll talk and spend time hanging out with a sibling. Or come here and talk in my blog. 

I'm constantly panicked. Today was really bad. My heart pounds and I'm anxious as hell and I can't calm down. And I take klonopin and Effexor and seroquel that should help with anxiety. I've always been anxious. It runs in the family. My mom takes Xanax and buspar. My deceased brother took Zoloft. I'm getting anxious just thinking about anxiety. It was so so so bad today. I went to CBT group even. Nearly had a full blown panic attack.

When anxiety hits me it's always pretty much a constant thing all day to various degrees up to panic attacks. When this happens I know it's zoloft time. I usually need a benzo prn as well. I'm recovering from a no bout now. Still feel it a little and then some times it breaks thru the zoloft and I need a benzo. My new pdoc gave me klonopins, she doesn't like xanax. Hell I prefer xanax prn. Klonopin is great if you take it every day, builds up in your system lasts longer. But I prefer as needed.