CrazyBoards.org

I'm the newbie

Hello all,

I am a 28 year old mother of an almost 1 year old. I signed up a few days ago after going in and talking to a doctor about my life and how I've been feeling.  I was surprised at first when they said I had a mood disorder but it's like a weight has been lifted because I won't have to go the rest of my life feeling like I have been.

The psychiatrist says I'm severely depressed with very high anxiety and possibly ADHD-inattentive. I'm a former bulimic (for roughly 9 years age 15-24) with a history of high test scores and shitty grades. I just need to get my life on track and I don't want to continue in this fog that I've been living in forever. I have an amazing husband that I've been pushing away and hiding things from along with low self esteem and no motivation to do anything.

I've been taking celexa which was my saving grace when it came to binging and purging and really evened out my moods. They also added wellbutrin 150mg 2x daily and klonipin(spelling?) prn for sleep. I just started this combo just a few days ago so hopefully it helps.

Hi.. I'm a newbie myself, and I can certainly relate to that "weight" being lifted off your shoulders. This happened to me a little over a month ago and it was just amazing the difference the medication made, but also just KNOWING how I was feeling wasn't normal--it was ADHD Inattentive Type... That I hadn't just turned into a Lazy, Worthless Blob... Even the life consuming pain I deal with on a daily basis--Scoliosis, Stenosis, Separated Vertebras that are sitting on nerves & radiate pain down my legs--just to name a few if my documented issues--and Rheumatoid Arthritis, while the pain IS still there & requires medication, it's actually better & I can FUNCTION now... That it had a name & it COULD be treated & while I'm in the process of a "meds switch" from Vyvanse to Adderall for the ADHD (diagnosed at almost 30), I am happy & staying positive... I also take Klonopin for anxiety/panic attacks... I'm a single mother of a just turned 6 baby girl who is my life & is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me!