CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Always Unstable

What kind of pets do you have?

I love animals. And I love being around them. They make me feel calmer somehow. I have two pet rats, girls, named Holmes and Watson. They are so freaking cute!!! They're about a year old and they're so friendly too. And surprisingly clean....it's the first time I've ever had rats and before I got them people would always tell me how gross rats are but they are always cleaning themselves, and each other. It's so cute.

What kind of pets does everyone else have?

Rats are awesome. :)

My own pets are two cats, an eight year old female and a three year old tom.

Pets I live with are more varied. A couple dozen tarantulas, four guinea pigs, several cats, three mix breed dogs, a Catahoula Leopard Hound, and a great Pyrenees.

Animals are awesome. Caring for them forces me up out of bed, and in return I get all the free hugs I desire. Except the spiders, but that's okay. Most of them are New World, with urticating hairs, so I'm not sad for that.

Edited by Mim

I have a kitty! She's a clingy little cuddlebug and I love her to death. 

FRED

Fred is a little brown terrier. He is approx 10 years old. He's a great little character, very cute but also naughty....likes to bark a lot. He sings when somebody sneezes, usually has to be 2 or 3 sneezes. He has epilepsy and a heart murmur and is on medication and doing well. He came to live with us in 2008 as he is the type of dog who needs a lot of company and he wasn't getting that. My Dad retired in 2008 so Freddie is delighted to have company all day. He loves to sit on someone's knee, his favourite spot. Very comforting

ABBY

Abby is a 7 year old Chocolate Labrador crossed with a Springer spaniel (we think). She is absolutely adorable,  a very laid back dog who rarely gets excited. Her favourite occupation apart from collecting sticks and stones is sleeping, and her favourite place is on  and in my bed. While on my bed, she likes to re-arrange the duvet and pillows to optimise her level of comfort. If Abby was left to her own devices she would sleep all day. She is a very beautiful sensitive sweet dog whom I adore. She knows when I'm anxious or sad and will snuggle up to me

MIKEY

Mikey is our 6 year old tabby cat who is a lot of fun. She likes to jump out and catch you by the leg and sometimes is extremely hyper running around like crazy and playing with her toys. She sleeps on a blanket at the foot of my bed. She loves to be petted and getting her belly rubbed. She only came to live with us in April. Her elderly owner died and my Mam had promised she would take Mikey in. Mikey was always fearful of dogs and men so It was a culture shock coming to us. She has settled in well and stands up for herself if the dogs go near her. In fact she often gives them a slap or a scratch even when they are doing nothing wrong. We are hoping for mutual respect....

I'm not allowed pets, because of the landlord. But my two cats live with my mum

And i feed a neighbors cat, who spends of it's time outside my apartment.

I can't have pets in my apartment right now because my boyfriend and I are horders, so there is no room for an animal. I'd love to get a cat again. When I was 8, for my birthday I got a fluffy Persian cat that I named Smokey. Smokey helped me though so much pain, especially when I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia at age 15 and put on medications, I used to cuddle with him all night long. He would be there to comfort me, I felt we had a special relationship, he loved me best over my parents. Then when I was 18 we got another cat, a tabby, Mira. When I left home at 18 to go live inpatient, my mom kept the cats in her new apartment, when I was 26 Smokey passed away and my mom moved to another state, taking Mira with her. Last year Mira passed away too. Now I am 33, would love to get another animal, but right now I am also not at my best, would need to be able to take care of the animal if I got another one.

I have a tabby cat named Nyan (which means "meow" in Japanese).  :)

He makes me really happy just because he loves me and my husband SOOO much. lol. I dunno what I'd do without him!

A yellow lab named Solomon - but he got called other names today for he chewed up my best and only high heeled sandals (and he is 3 yrs old).

10 cats - aged 4 months to 14 yrs.  My favorite is Rosie - a Siamese cross with white feet.  I keep them flea-free and all but Rudy, the little guy, are spayed or neutered.   

2 fish tanks - one for fantails, one a community tank.

My only neighbor is a beef farmer, so there are 1500 red Angus in the fields around me.

I don't have any pets but wish so badly that I had a cat, or 2 maybe, or a small dog.

Three kitties...

Shanti is our oldest at 13yrs of age. She likes to sit on my chest and drool into my hair, sleep under the covers with me, just a total lovebug.
Itsy is our middle kitten at four years old. She suffers from multiple allergies and sometimes has to wear pyjamas. Bag addict.

Poppy is our kitten kitten at one and a half years old. She's got a totally lazy demeanour and a real "don't care" attitude.

2 fish tanks - one for fantails, one a community tank.

I miss having fish. They're such a soothing pet. What's in your community tank? 

Also, lucky you, next door neighbor to a beef ranch. That must be fun during calving season. 

We have a fish named Darwin, because he/she bullied all the other fish until they stopped eating and died.  No joke.

We also recently got a dog.  Savanna is a mix of long-haired dachshund and chihuahua.  Sweet little thing.  Tries to be protective when she's all of 11 pounds.

We had a cat a long time ago, until we found out S2 was so allergic to it, he was having asthma attacks.  Then we had to give it away.

I have a dalmatian and a red english pointer cross, thinking about getting a small dog in addition.

Edited by reset