CrazyBoards.org

dissociative identity disorder

(i really hope i'm posting this in the right place. i'm new here, i'm sorry)

to get right to the point, i've been officially diagnosed with DID. i have one alter. i've been living with the disorder for about 11 years since i was sexually abused as a child, and i became aware of the condition about 3 years ago. since then my alter and i have been coexisting quite peacefully until recently when she ran away from our home for 10 days (i'm a minor btw, so naturally this caused some serious chaos). we've gone back to coexisting but i am beginning to feel so incredibly alone in the world because of my situation. i want very badly to talk to somebody, anybody, who can relate and understand -- this place seems very non-judgmental and generally more sensitive to the things most people don't seem comfortable having brought up and talked about. i'd be happy to be a friend to anyone here.

Hi. I have DID as well. I/we used to run away from home too. It doesn't happen as much as it used to, although the urge is still there sometimes. We really relate to that. 

Childhood sexual abuse sucks! We know that one, too.

Welcome to CB! I hope that you enjoy your visit here. If you have any questions feel free to ask.