CrazyBoards.org

Should I disclose my SZA to my college lecturers?

Go through your school disability services center. They will not disclose your disability to your professor, just that you have one. It is safer and they can be your sense of protection. If you must, I would be very careful with using your dx. Some professors might not take it well (some will). If I may ask what is your reasoning for needing to tell?

Go through your school disability services center. They will not disclose your disability to your professor, just that you have one. It is safer and they can be your sense of protection. If you must, I would be very careful with using your dx. Some professors might not take it well (some will). If I may ask what is your reasoning for needing to tell?

This. I do not reveal my diagnosis to many people, for different reasons. If you must say something, state you have an on-going medical condition. Disability services is a great resource. Are you from the states or UK or somewhere else?

I really would not disclose your diagnosis.  Particularly because it is private and not everyone can handle hearing about that.  Go through disability services in your school.  You will get the extra help in classes without having to reveal any diagnosis to professors.  I personally have experience with this. The school psychologist helped me get academic accommodations for my mental illness; all I do is inform my teachers of my accommodations and they accept it no questions asked.

How about say you have an on-going MI?  That kind of covers both A and B, without disclosing the exact diagnosis.

Thats an idea Mel...

I really would not disclose your diagnosis.  Particularly because it is private and not everyone can handle hearing about that.  Go through disability services in your school.  You will get the extra help in classes without having to reveal any diagnosis to professors.  I personally have experience with this. The school psychologist helped me get academic accommodations for my mental illness; all I do is inform my teachers of my accommodations and they accept it no questions asked.

Yes after reading everyone's responses (thanks) I think I'll go with this.... cheers... Oh I am in Australia.... x