CrazyBoards.org

Hello, I'm new

Hello everybody. I've just joined. My story is basically that I had a psychotic breakdown following a period of stress in 2003 and was hospitalised. I was given Olanzapine which brought about a swift return to normality. After a year however, I had gained so much weight I was put on Abilifty instead. I have been taking 10mg a day of Abilify for ten years and in that time have gained 173 lbs. I also have agoraphobia and social anxiety so it makes it hard for me to visit the clinic. I have been mentally stable for the whole 11 years, apart from one time when I tried to wean off the abilify in 2006 with supervision and I felt symptoms returning so it was decided I should be put back on the Abilify.

I was given the vague diagnosis of 'an emotional disorder.' I am tormented more and more by restless legs. I know I need to go and see the psychiatrists again but have been so mentally stable I am kind of scared to 'mess with my head.' I joined here for some moral support and to help me get the courage up to make that appointment.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome to CB. Peer support is what we do. I've had a lot of support toward making and keeping appointments, getting through appointments, getting up my corage, moral support, and more. CB's a big part of my life and stable health. May it help you just as much.