CrazyBoards.org

so I had an allergy skin test done today

they pricked me with 28 things  and 2 controls

and then they did the bubble test (I can't remember what it is called)

I have about 10 on my one arm that I need to monitor over the next 2 days

but the lady gave me the preliminary results

of the 28 things they tested for

I reacted to 24 of them

4 of them categorized as serious reactions

I almost fainted during the test  -   and I felt very weird  for a couple hours after

I am basically allergic to Ohio

I'm sorry you are allergic to those things.  Did they give you/prescribe an epi-pen? 

You probably felt weird after the tests because it had to do with the reactions you had to what you were tested for (ie with chocolate for me, when I eat it my blood pressure drops and throat gets tight).  Your blood pressure might have dropped, which would explain why you felt like you were going to faint.  Just a guess though.  It feels like that when it happens to me.

Did you let the DR know you didn't feel quite right?

Sorry you're basically allergic to Ohio. 

The limited good news is that immunotherapy (allergy shots) can reduce your allergicness (that's not a word) to things over time. It's worked progressively for me, such that I don't even have to take allergy meds during the summer and winter any more, which was unheard of about three years ago. 

hope you get some treatment for those nasty allergies. 

i go back on the 13th for a follow up and to get the results and ideas of where the dr thinks we should proceed from here

I have a ct of the sinus  scheduled tomorrow

he wants to put balloons in my sinuses and open them up........................without any kind of sedation

he wants to put balloons in my sinuses and open them up........................without any kind of sedation

I wouldn't like that, personally, and wouldn't agree to it without some sort of sedation.  Can you maybe take something like an OTC med for pain ahead of time, to lessen the pain when the procedure is happening?