CrazyBoards.org

What medicine should I start taking for Schizoaffective?

i think my biggest problem is the Anxiety, but i dont want to start  a medication where I have to experience the bad siide effects and then go through hell again, and repeat the shitty process. i dont want repeats.

if i take Klonopin for my anxiety, ic ant focus and everything feels foggy.

so idk what the fuck to take.

Herbs dont do jack shit, im sorry to say. theyre too mild.

That's a pretty serious medical condition and nobody here is a medical professional.  

A psychiatrist is going to have to take an inventory of your symptoms and most likely have you try several different medications in conjunctions, going through a process of trial and error and until you find want works best for you with the least side effects.  It can often take years but is worth it in the end.

• 3 weeks later...

i think my biggest problem is the Anxiety, but i dont want to start  a medication where I have to experience the bad siide effects and then go through hell again, and repeat the shitty process. i dont want repeats.

Good luck with that.

It isn't that most herbs are too mild, it's that they're ineffective. Nonetheless, it is important you tell your pdoc any supplements you are on, as there are a number of common ones that interfere with medication.

Other than that, as VE said,  we aren't going to be able to make a decision for you, you need to discuss it with your pdoc.