CrazyBoards.org

Hey guys,

Just joined CB, seems like like a community with some respectable feedback. So,hello.

Issue at hand: Around the clock jaw tension and headaches

Prescribed:

2x15 mg IR Adderall 1x morning // 1x late-afternoon

30 mg XR Adderall 1x with 15 mg IR in morn
2 MG Clonazepam 

1 MG Xanax

Fioricet 

The pain in my jaw is located just below my lobes, closer to my temple than my rear neck, but still the jaw.

I clench, I crack, rub, warm cloths, but still solution that ends with relief. Went to my GP and was prescribed Fioricet but have not recognized any significant relief. The only relief is on heavy benz dosages.

I'm taking Magnesium supplements and my last option it seems is the mouthguard.
Any suggestions? Experiences?

Mouthguards are really good, actually. I also have a PRN prescription for cyclobenzaprine, which is a muscle relaxant. My TMJ is pretty bad, so when I notice that the sides of my face are turning in to wood, I take those until it gets better. Sort of like a reset button. So I don't really end up taking that much of it.

• 2 weeks later...

My jaw clenched badly when I was on adderall and my GAD wasn't in check. That's q sign you might need to ease up on adderall and find good antianxiety med perhaps. Once I had that in check then I was able to tolerate the adderall. It dosnt look like you're on anything for anxiety except PRNs correct? I would try buspar, an ssri or remeron