CrazyBoards.org

does anyone have this...

Hello

I'm currently on unpaid probation for an job just waiting to sign the contract. So that's the background. Anyway after working I always feel like I fuck up. Does anyone have this.

An example of this is an client meeting two wks ago I didn't know that I wasn't meany to talk so I told the client that the form is also online. I was told on my trainings day a day after that you are nor to do this. TT this week I was very careful not to talk until I was asked a question by an staff member which meant I neededx to answer it.

Do you think I'm overworrying

I felt completely overwhelmed at my last job. I really couldn't do the job because it was too technical and I couldn't remember what the directions to the task. I would have been fired if I didn't go out on disability and didn't return. I started hearing things and seeing things from the stress. It was horrible.

I used to have this. It took me a long time to get confident and comfortable in what I do. For me it was a massive over-reaction. 

The easiest way to find out would be to ask your trainer or supervisor. It doesn't need to be formal. It can be as casual as "hi. I just wanted to check in with you and establish if I had any areas for improvement?" or it can be a request for a more formal evaluation. I think that the not-talking thing is silly. It seems to me that you were really helpful!

I just wanted to say that I can completely relate.  I constantly worry about screwing up at work.  I obsess over past mistakes and constantly think I am on the verge of being fired.  Even if I were the best in the world at whatever job I was doing, I would still feel like a fuck-up. 

I like Winter Rosie's advice a lot.  Nothing puts my mind at ease like honest feedback from a supervisor/trainer.  If the feedback is positive, it boosts my confidence a bit.  If the feedback is negative, then I know where I stand and can stop wondering.

Thank you for the help. I've spoken to my boyfriend who thinks I need to calm down. I'll ask if there is room but its my second day (first really as my first day was a tester day).

The only reason I spoke was as I though I was being helping. Okay I'll admit the second meeting I went overbroad but I did tone it Down for my second day. For the second time I only answered the question asked. I'll see if my boss says anything on Monday