CrazyBoards.org

Let me first say I have a diagnosis of PTSD major depressive disorder.

I was hospitalised in Aug.and since then have been noticing faint voices mostly while sleepy. Sometimes they are louder and today was a more prominent one almost as if I was dreaming but awake. It was female telling me to get out of bed. So far they haven't said anything bad and due to my sudden suicidal onset in Aug I'm just trying to figure it out.

I do spend a lot of time alone and just got out of a stressful situation

Any thoughts or advice? :)

Not trying to scare you but the voices started when I was sleepy.

Then they progressed. Not saying this will happen to you.

Now He lives inside of me.

I hear his voice on a relatively constant basis.

Nothing will get rid of Him.

But usually when one is sleepy or over-stressed the voices seem to become more prominent.

Are you only hearing these voices while sleepy either getting ready to fall asleep or just waking up? Hypnagogic hallucinations work this way and lots of people have them, even folks without any mental illness. Definitely worth discussing with your Pdoc though.

Up to 25% of the population has hypnogogic hallucinations. It's not MI - it's just the brain not being all that great at differentiating between sleeping and waking states. 

But, yes, PTSD can also wreck havoc on things. It depends on who/what you're seeing/noticing.

Are you only hearing these voices while sleepy either getting ready to fall asleep or just waking up? Hypnagogic hallucinations work this way and lots of people have them, even folks without any mental illness. Definitely worth discussing with your Pdoc though.

That's what I was gonna write. In my experience voices while sleepy are hypnagogic hallucinations and they are very different to my psychosis hallucinations.