CrazyBoards.org

I have been taking B complex, and I swear it helps my depression.  (Not cures!  Helps, a little.)

I'll take one in the morning and it gives me a mood boost, and then another one in the afternoon.  I almost feel it working, about 20 minutes after I take it.  I find that if I'm not peeing bright yellow, there is not enough in my system to make a difference in the way I feel.

Does anyone know the mechanics of Vitamin B and why it might be helping my mood?

Well, I know specifically vitamin B12, part of a good B complex, is involved in the Krebs cycle, which is what cells do in certain conditions to make a unit of energy.

It kinda blows my mind and I could go on for another few paragraphs, but yeah. Vitamins literally required for energy.

I had a doc give me a blood test as a part of the battery that led to my depression diagnosis. He prescribed me vitamin B-12 supplements. I take them with my first meal every day. I don't know that they help with depression, but they seem to help my energy levels. It seems like I read something about vitamin b-12 deficiency in depression, but I can't find the article now in my bookmarks. Sorry. :/

I don't take a B specturm, I take just Riboflavin. That is supposed to be good for migraines. I was taking a spectrum, but my neuro asked me to switch.

I also take Vitamin D3 for migraines, 5000iu. That definitely gives me a bit of an energy boost, and my neuro backed that up. I want to try to go higher.

I take a B-75 Complex. Its a bit stronger than the regular B-Complex. I also take Methylcobalamin B-12 which is more absorbable than regular B-12. I feel these really help me with depression and my ADHD. I am focused and ready to go in the mornings after 30 minutes from when I take it. I feel calmer, energized and focused on tasks.