CrazyBoards.org

what is the worst tasting med you've ever taken?

zopiclone is hands down the worst thing i have ever put in my mouth.  oh my god.  i cannot get rid of the taste if i brush my teeth, gargle, eat yogurt to coat my tongue... ew!  :frustrated:

what's your worst?  and how did you mask the taste?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not prescription but I once bought this women's multi from Trader Joe's that had "greens" in it.  I basically bought the healthiest-looking multivitamin I could find and GOD did I regret it.

I cannot even describe the smell of these pills.  I opened the bottle and I just gagged.  Its been like literally two years and the drawer where I kept the bottle STILL smells funky.

And the taste.  God.  It was some kind of horrible combination of metal, plastic, rubber, and celery.

Ugh.

Edited by tryp

I chew through all pills and the nastiest one by far was lithium. 

I loved the taste of my Black Cherry flavored Saphris. xD It tasted like Novocaine. 

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

All mine taste ok, except when I take the multivitamin I tend to burp it up a little and that taste is terrible.  Also, the magnesium is ok because it is gel tabs, but if I smell the entire inside of the bottle, well, I learned not to.

The lamictal ODT tastes like cough syrup but it is a taste I got used to.  When I took the regular lamictal pills they didn't go down well and they teasted terrible, on top of them being the powdery kind.

Saphris. It's become more tolerable the longer I've been on it but it still sucks. 

It also makes my mouth numb and I can't taste anything until the next day. Once ate cucumber with lemon and salt about an hour after taking it and it was like I was chewing on paper, no taste!!

Liquid sodium bicarbonate for my kidneys. AWFUL. I had trouble staying compliant because it was so horrible. I think Xanax tastes gross, too, but it does not compare to the sodium bicarbonate. I still shiver thinking about it.

And what is the deal with Lamictal, do they purposefully make it hard to swallow?

And what is the deal with Lamictal, do they purposefully make it hard to swallow?

LOL Idk what they are thinking by making that pill so large that it is hard to swallow.  That is why I switched to the disintegrating ones.  Doesn't taste the best, but it is better than trying to swallow the pills.

wow, i don't know what kinda lamictal y'all are taking but that sounds terrible.  i always took some sort of generic lamotrigine and i don't remember them tasting bad or dissolving or being huge.

i'm new to zopiclone and don't intend to use it every day thank god... because i can still taste it in the morning, even after coffee, yeesh.

i remember when i was taking parnate, i used to think they needed to make it taste really awful because of the way they looked.  they are little round bright red things that look almost like smarties, or skittles, or something like that.  they look like CANDY so much that my mouth anticipated the taste of sugar every time (they tasted like nothing much).

i wonder if there's a relationship between med compliance and taste... (i'm just being silly.  sure it would be great if they tasted like candy... but there are situations where i am glad they do not taste like candy, it would be better if they tasted as bad as possible).