CrazyBoards.org

Was I going to be sexually assaulted? or did misinterpret?

About a year ago we had a camp for a support group I go to. We were sleeping in bunk beds in cabins. Anyway I was on the top bunk. The first night I seperated from the group and went to bed early. I was half asleep in my sleeping bag on the top bunk with my bum sticking out when I could feel someone pulling or unzipping(edit) my sleeping bag.I woke up and turned around and I saw one of my fellow campers and he said something like "you should zip up ur sleeping bag coz it's cold". The next morning he looked guilty as shit.

I tried to report it but they just laughed it off and said he must of been joking?

What do u guys think?

Edited by happy2beyoung

I don't think we can know for sure if you were going to be sexually assaulted. It's possible, but it's also possible he had altruistic intentions. 

However, I'm going to disagree with the other folks here. I think his behavior sounds very inappropriate. You do not touch people you don't know very well when they're sleeping. You especially do not do so if you are a male person and they are a female person. It is not his prerogative to decide whether your sleeping temperature is appropriate. I would not be okay with that at all, if it were me. 

Sorry guys I just remembered a more accurate story than the one I originally gave.

I was in the sleeping bag already unzipped but I tucked it in at the sides with my bum facing towards the little ladder you climb up. That night I could feel someone trying to untuck the sleeping bag. I wake up and turned around and he says something about it being too cold or something. Next morning he looked really guilty.

A year or so later I saw him at a seminar by unlucky coincidence and when he saw me he STILL had that look of guilt.

Of course we will never know his actual intentions. Sounds to me like he might have honestly been trying to keep you warm. He might have looked guilty because he was embarrassed. I know I would be if touched someones butt. But, Idk, I prefer to try to give people the benefit of the doubt. 

Of course we will never know his actual intentions. Sounds to me like he might have honestly been trying to keep you warm. He might have looked guilty because he was embarrassed. I know I would be if touched someones butt. But, Idk, I prefer to try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will never know his true intentions either.

BUT the sleeping bag was ALREADY tucked in...?

Edited by happy2beyoung

In my experience it's really easy to get obsessive over ambiguous situations like this. Because we won't ever know the answer I'd invite you to learn how to live with the ambiguity of "it could have been this. Or it could have been that." Do you know how to do that?