CrazyBoards.org

my bosses hate me

Forstyrra

i feel so goddamn tired. i feel like the world is falling apart, like its splitting in two. everything makes me anxious and i feel completely abadoned and alone and i dont understand why because im not really. yesterday i had to work over 1 hour unpaid overtime because the bosses didnt want to clean up after themselves. i know they hate me and want me to be miserable. they're just doing these tings so i will get angry and then they can fire me for yelling at them, but im not gonna get myself fired so i just have to work unpaid. the entire time when i was staying there i felt like crying, like they just look at me like a bug they want to crush and it doesnt matter what i want or that its not okay to force me to work without getting paid. they dont care because to them im nothing. in addition to that theres a glass in my apartment and it has eyes and it was staring at me all day last night and i know its been possesed so my boyfriend placed it on the porch and now im scared that the creatures are angry with me.

i know this is my punishment for whatever i did before this life, but im so depressed. i cant deal with this, i want to hurt myself and do someting drastic but i also dont want to hurt anyone else. i dont know what to do, how can i stop this feeling? am i overreacting? its not okay to force someone to work for an hour in the middle of night for no money right? i just want to cry and cry

No, it isn't legal for someone to make you work "off the clock," it's called wage theft. The question is, how badly do you need this job? You could report him anonymously to the Labor Relations board. There should be a poster of your rights posted someplace in your office, it is actually a legal requirement to have that poster. But, first, are you the only employee he requires this of? Because having support will really help.

There *is* the possibility that he will realize it is you from the context. If he tried to fire you, that is illegal, too, it's considered retaliation. Again, the question is how badly do you need this job? Because even though he is clearly in the wrong, you have to come up with the money to get a lawyer.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic.

im not american, so there is no poster like that where i work but i know it is illegal in my country too. they dont just do it to me, they do it to everyone and its done pretty much every day. we are only paid until we are 'supposed' to be done, afetr that the supervisors force us to log off and we dont get paid after that. i need this job more than anything, i have no other income and im only 22 with no education or previous jobs, i cant afford to lose it.

but honestly i couldnt have said anything anyways because i have terrible anxiety about the government and all authority. i dont trust them, i dont trust them at all !! if my boss is around i want to cry im so terrified of her. even the shift-supervisors scare me. im sure they want me to complain so they can finally fire me. besides im still on my trial period(its 6 months) which means at the end of that period they can fire me for any reason. i also suspect that they have installed secret cameras to monitor me. my boyfriend says thats just paranoia and that its illegal to install secret cameras, but they clearly dont care about what is legal so?? its all making me so paranoid and scared, i feel like everyone hates me and just wants to use me and hurt me, you know?

Supervisors suck big time, they earn $2 more so think they can boss everyone around, you have the right to be paid for what you do and i would suggest tallking to the other workers and group complaining to HR, then they cant single you out and fire you all.

If not look for other jobs.

• 5 months later...

I would look for another job.  I've left several jobs because of bad bosses.  The really bad ones are the ones who still around the longest.  It's an awful feeling when you have a bad boss.  I just heard the other day Zappos is getting rid of bosses and managers and making employees take that role together in mass instead.