CrazyBoards.org

What did you have for dinner? bonus: What brand do you feed your pets?

I am a major foodie and food-addict.  I think about food more than most people think about sex.  Thankfully my dinner wasn't too sinful.  

I went to Applebees tonight and got a large caesar salad with oil and vinegar instead of the creamy dressing, a cup of there awesome chili and a small basket of tortilla chips for dipping in the chili.  I did not eat all the chips.  I did eat a lot of them though- probably too many. :)

What did all you folks have for dinner or what do you plan to eat?  

I just recently got an egg poaching pan with stick-free egg cups.  I can't wait to give it a whirl tomorrow morning.  I'm almost thinking about going to bed early so breakfast comes sooner.  

As for what I feed my pets, here it goes:  My two kitties get Tiki Cat Ahi Tuna for wet food and FROMM Chicken Ala Veg for dry.  My dog is in a transitional period.  I've been feeding him the HIlls Science Diet Z/D for sensitive tummies and allergies but he isn't responding to it that well and it's very expensive.  I am going to try to switch him over to some variety of FROMM wet food for dogs since that brand works so well with my kitties and I am going to try the Orijen dry food too.  I'll have to experiment with different types of protein.  

I thought for a long time that my one cat was allergic to chicken because I fed her Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Green Pea and Chicken dry food and it gave her runny stools.  it was unfortunate because it was her favorite flavor it seemed. Now I've come to find out that she's NOT allergic to chicken and that she was just reacting to something else in the other brand. 

Feeding your pets can be tricky!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could you come over and cook for me?   Every time you describe what you eat it sounds do good! Tonight for dinner I had a large crunchy apple, and some Smartfood popcorn.

I had Smartfood popcorn last night for dinner. Do not have a pet so I can't answer that question.

Tonight I made baked vegan mac and cheese for dinner. I added peas, broccoli, and lots of panko. I also had a handful of peanuts while I was waiting for the mac and cheese to bake. My kitty gets a

organic whole milk vanilla yogurt with sliced banana and LOTS of almonds. I have it almost every day, either for breakfast or for dinner.

Richard gets Fussie Cat cat food. Tiki Cat is another VERY good brand, chill.

And any brand of canned cat food is better for your cat than the highest end dried food. Cats are dedicated carnivores, meaning they get all their nutrition from animals (not just meat; the blood, bones and organs). Their bodies have no use for the carbohydrates added to dried food (and some wet foods, like the green peas you mentioned) and it contributes to feline diabetes. When funds are tight and I can't afford the better formulated brands, I stick to brands that have any added carb last on the list before added nutrients start, so I know they have the lowest amount of carbs possible by weight (and therefore most likely by calorie, too). Unfortunately, you have to stay vigilant on reading the labels as manufacturers change the recipes now and then.

I had frozen pesto tortellini. I have a little problem eating that every damn day.

In terms of kitty food, we feed our cats a meat based dry food that is out at all times. It's pricey, and it does have some peas in it, but no grains. We feed them whatever wet food is on sale as well.

Have not ate dinner yet today.

Last night lentils and some frozen mixed fruit. Stickler chow is primarily bean and rice or bean and sweet potato, with limited amounts of soy protein powder, peanut butter and bread. I try to stick with veggies on sale and cabbage is always cheap.

Doggehs get Purina one, whichever I can buy in large bags b/c cheaper in big bags.  They seem to like salmon/rice best, I try for that one.

The feral cats (I never, ever, EVER should have fed Scrawny Bastard, he brought friends!) get stuff that has chicken parts as the top ingredient.

(Project for November onward: trap, vax & fix, repeat as affordable)

...I economize on my own food, I economize on theirs.  I need to get over my mental hangups and screw myself up to get a new career...

Edited by Stickler

I live off Trader Joe's.  Everything's all natural, often organic, always tasty, and no more expensive than any other grocery store - usually less.

Also, they have a lot of frozen foods and I cannot be arsed to cook a lot of the time.

Today, I had a pizza-flavored veggie burger on honey wheat bread with a slice of cheddar cheese and lots of ketchup (I love ketchup), and a very delicious leftover vanilla cupcake.  Not exactly health food, but I'll eat more vegetables tomorrow.

The cats get TJ's canned food, which has meat for the first five ingredients and is half the cost of the premium cat foods at PetsMart.  Plus a little dry to tide them over overnight.

This weekend is when Canada celebrates Thanksgiving, so we did our turkey dinner tonight. I don't eat turkey. I had mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, yorkshire pudding, and gravy.

My cats eat Go! Natural Sensitivity + Shine dry food, receive the same Sensitivity + Shine wet food for occasional treats, and on special holidays they get Turducken-flavoured wet food. One of my three cats has a sensitive stomach, and the second has multiple allergies, and this is the only food we've found that we can feed all three of our cats without one of them getting sick.

I live off Trader Joe's.  Everything's all natural, often organic, always tasty, and no more expensive than any other grocery store - usually less.

Also, they have a lot of frozen foods and I cannot be arsed to cook a lot of the time.

Omg, ME TOO! Right now my freezer is completely full of trader Joe's frozen meals, mostly quiche and chicken Tikka masala, lol.

Tonight I had a double chocolate muffin which I heated in the microwave then put vanilla bean ice cream on top and mixed it all up together. Then I ate some peas and then I made shepherds pie and ate a bunch of that. Might have a quiche later.

I give my rats oxbow rat kibble and different flavored yogurt treats which they LOVE. Also organic vegetables like broccoli and carrots and also a lot of things that they have to get out of a shell like sunflower seeds, peanuts and peas. My rats eat healthier than I do.