CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
writehellarandomshiny

How to tell your pill bottles apart

Some of you know pill cases don't work for me. So I invented a way to tell my pill bottles apart easily and thought I'd share. 

And I learned that you can get different color caps at the pharmacy if you ask but this is way more fun.

The orange is adderral; multi-colored visitril, green synthroid, blue celexa - congrats I taught you how to raid my pill drawer. This helps a lot because I take my meds in the early morning while it's still dark most of the time, especially adderrall.

the one with the green inside is green paint - no med included. 

This also works with keys - you can paint each key a different color. I've heard rumors say you can use nail polish but I didn't have any so I used paint. It's not my best painting job ever, but it works! 

mtun0n.jpg

Edited by writehellarandomshiny

Red is blood pressure, green is PRN ( green is calming for me) Orange is day time, morning and at 2pm and purple is for night.

Thanks for the great idea Write

It's upside down, wtf, oh well you get the idea

I think technology is against me. Grrrrrrrr

Edited by dragonfly23

That's a really good idea!

I still need a pill planner though, otherwise I end up taking my meds twice or not at all.  Learned that lesson the hard way.  After two accidental double doses and being sick as fuck - I have pill planners :D

good idea!

However, I cant tell you what day it is, let alone memorize a color scheme.

That's a really good idea! I have four that occasionally differ in size but usually at least 2 are the same size (different meds) so I'll probably use this! 

I also had NO CLUE you could get different colored caps at the pharmacy. That is interesting.

This is a great idea except if I did it, I'm on so many meds I'd run out of colors LOL

I bought an antique pill box a few weeks ago, will post picture of it later.

I only take 3 pills per day and they all look different, so its relatively easy for me.

Do I need a pill box for only three meds, you say?

Well... for some reason I often wonder in the morning if I already had my fluoxetine, so...

I draw a sun on the meds I take in the morning and a moon on the ones I take in the evening. I don't use a pill planner any more because if I've taken my oral contraceptive (that comes in a blister pack), I can tell if I've taken everything else in the morning, and I have a really difficult time getting to sleep if I don't take the night ones.

There's also one I take on therapy days, which is almost always Friday, so I just write FRI on the top of that one and keep it in my backpack instead of my everyday pill bag.

I just keep each bottle in the same spot, plus I can see the meds through them and they all look different.  If I get confused, I just read the label.  Dunno.  

Teh_ pillbox I recently bought. Apparantly it's antique?

wOnhBxp.jpg

I still have a hard time remembering if I already took my fluoxetine, though...

I keep the night meds in a basket in the cabinet, and the sole morning med by the coffee pot.

Sawi ... that is beautiful!  Is it hand painted?

Thank you! I don't know. It says 'Stratton made in England' on the back.

Thank you! I don't know. It says 'Stratton made in England' on the back.

For fun I googled "stratton made in England pill box" and didn't find much about it.  They sell on etsy and ebay, from some of the links I saw.  I think some are worth more than others but not out of this world expensive.  I didn't look a lot, but glanced at some of them in the pictures also.  Didn't see a flamingo one.  I wonder if they are all individually unique ... no one is the same.

I googled it too! I paid 7.50 euro's for it, so I didn't pay too much luckily...

But damn there are so many pretty ones out there! *drool*

Edited by Sawi

You're right, there are a lot of really nice ones out there.