CrazyBoards.org

fucking help please.

OK, so I brought you guys the confusing dreams with reality thing.

Well, I got something else for you. I've been having issues where I have a memory of a conversation happening with someone one way, but what was said wasn't what I remember. Like, back in September was the first time it happened. My cousin and I were talking one night, right before we were set to leave for home, and she said that she was gonna have my dad work on her car, something about a pin or rod or something in it. She didn't say that at all, turns out she said she needed my dad's help putting a mattress in her truck. I didn't hear that at all. Then this past weekend Ray, my friend who lives with us, told me the guy across the street asked him not to come over to his house anymore and Ray said he wouldn't because the guy was the type to shoot you. When I began to suspect this memory might not be accurate, I asked Ray and he confirmed that it was a false record of that conversation. Also, a few days ago, Ray told me I had talked to him about upsets in college football while he ate pizza in front of me, and I had no memory of the pizza being eaten or talking to him about that. I even told my dad to put the pizza away that night and he told me Ray ate it.

What's happening?

An MRI of my brain in early September was normal. I had the MRI because I've been having memory problems where I forget if I took my meds or what I ate for breakfast or dinner. Things like that.

Is this psychosis?

Am I schizophrenic?

This does sound like memory issues. Topomax is a medicine that frequently causes memory issues. Did you notice a change from before being on Topomax to after?

Do NOT read this as a suggestion to stop taking it. I'm just suggesting that these symptoms, if an MRI cleared you, could actually be side effects. Call your doctor and see what he/she can do to help.

Have you asked all the people involved if they see anything strange in your behavior or the things you've been saying, see if they think you are psychotic?  My best friend is inpatient right now due to being psychotic, and I'd never seen this in her before, but it was very obvious to me and all around her that she was psychotic, though of course she wasn't aware of it.  Now that she's on meds and has come down, I'm telling her things she said and did, and a lot of the stuff she has no memory of.  So I think outside opinions could be helpful, if you are having psychosis, I think it will be obvious to those around you....

I just wanted to point out, having an unremarkable (i.e., normal, nothing to remark on) MRI doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. My husband had a 7 Tesla MRI (most MRIs are 1.5 Tesla) for his epilepsy, and even THAT was unremarkable. But no one denied he had epilepsy. When they did do the surgery, they found a dysplasia, but that was after extensive and somewhat experimental testing that had nothing to do with MRIs.

I know you aren't talking about epilepsy, my point is an unremarkable MRI doesn't really mean a whole lot. I have had 3 Tesla MRIs for my headaches, and nothing shows up. But again, no one thinks I don't have headaches.

I can see how you might think you are psychotic, but I can't truly tell one way or the other. I think if you think it is a possibility, you need to call your pdoc. I forget what country you are in, or if you are on assistance, so that may be easier said than done, but no one else is going to be able to make that determination for you.

I see my pdoc in like a month. But I see my tdoc in the morning.

I just don't know wtf is going on. But I do know I have heard things that aren't there every now and then. In the last week I heard someone say what in the room with me and my mom and Ray, male voice, next to my mom, but didn't no one else hear it.

Idk. Fuck.

Edited by exl2398

What about smelling alcohol on my dad and his breath but him claiming to not have drank and him not acting like he drank? I mean, he could be lying, and I got no one here to smell him with me, but he doesn't act like he's been drinking.

Ugh.

Fuck my brain.

i'm sorry.  that sounds distressing.  i wish i had the answer to why it's happening.

i do that sometimes (okay maybe more than sometimes lately), but i blame it on a lot of reasons my memory could be bad.  (i'm dissociative, i've had poorly treated BP for a long time, i've taken hella meds that ate my memory, i've had ECT, i'm depressed so things don't register)  but it's not like it started suddenly either, i'd probably have a harder time brushing it off if it had.

all i have to offer is that telling every one of your doctors about it is a good idea.  i'm sorry this is scaring you.  it think it would help a lot to keep writing down those specific examples of the kinds of things you're forgetting (and the things your memory replaced the real event with, like replacing loading a mattress with fixing a pin).  that might help the docs figure out what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

I see my pdoc in like a month. But I see my tdoc in the morning.

I just don't know wtf is going on. But I do know I have heard things that aren't there every now and then. In the last week I heard someone say what in the room with me and my mom and Ray, male voice, next to my mom, but didn't no one else hear it.

Idk. Fuck.

Have you had any med changes recently? Lexapro fucked me up big time with the hallucinations. Had some delusional ones, too. No fun. :(