CrazyBoards.org

temperature with panic attack

Hey, Last night i was getting ready to go hang out with friends...I started having some lower abdominal pains(sort of like gas feelings or endometriosis pains...which i have)...it went away but then i had a wave a nausea, and hot flashes started, and then was in the midst of a major panic attack.

i thought i was dying, thanks to recent news stories...and i thought my skin was going to burn off. I took some advil at some point. I then waited for my meds to kick in. I took my temp about 1/2 an hour after the advil and it was 99.2. Soon, my panic attack came to an end and the intense hot flashes and stuff went away. I then just felt exhausted due to the panic attack and klonopin.

Today i felt better but still a bit shook up and my hands have been clammy. 

Has anyone else actually experienced a rise in body temp while having major anxiety/panic attacks? 

Hey, Last night i was getting ready to go hang out with friends...I started having some lower abdominal pains(sort of like gas feelings or endometriosis pains...which i have)...it went away but then i had a wave a nausea, and hot flashes started, and then was in the midst of a major panic attack.

i thought i was dying, thanks to recent news stories...and i thought my skin was going to burn off. I took some advil at some point. I then waited for my meds to kick in. I took my temp about 1/2 an hour after the advil and it was 99.2. Soon, my panic attack came to an end and the intense hot flashes and stuff went away. I then just felt exhausted due to the panic attack and klonopin.

Today i felt better but still a bit shook up and my hands have been clammy. 

Has anyone else actually experienced a rise in body temp while having major anxiety/panic attacks? 

call your doctor if you still have a temp tomorrow, okay? for me, water?

Edited by water

I'm pretty sure that's called "flushing," do you all mean that burst of heat that courses through your body at the start?

I don't know if it would change your temperature. It might, but your experience in this case isn't really usable as evidence. You didn't take your temperature before your attack, and sometimes people's inner thermostat runs a little hot or cold. My standard temp is 96.7, but I creep over 99 sometimes.