CrazyBoards.org

Advice needed - pdoc and tdoc

I went for my pdoc appt yesterday.  First thing (since tdoc gave her hell last time) she told me that she thought my problems were serious and that she wanted to make sure I knew she was taking me seriously.  Then, the meeting progressed.  I told her about my problems with risperdal and she agreed I should stop taking it.  Annnnnd, that's where it fell apart.  Even tho I was telling her about the voices, she didn't exactly dismiss my comments but she certainly ignored the shit out of them.  Her ending comments were that if I could "hide" (not what I told her, I told her that I deflect, it's different) the voices then I didn't need any meds to make them go away instead here go take this klonopin.

dafuq.  Am I really going to have to find another pdoc? Because the two I have experience with are not great, one is senile and this one is convinced that if I can put my pants on the right way round, I'm okay.  Hell I'm crazy and I know I'm not okay.

I thought about calling tdoc yesterday after it happened but you know she's just going to go ballistic.  She's great but this relationship is stressful for me.  Like, I'd love to call and cancel my appt but hubby, who's pretty sure hearing voices isn't okay, wants me to go.

And thoughts about if this second time around problem with pdoc is a good reason to change?

another humorous comment- pdoc said "klonopin is used to treat mania". Then i entertained her with the comment "last time I was manic, I was popping klonopin like candy"

her response "here take these klonopin". Because she's convinced it's mania.  okay. not gonna argue.  just go take my klonopin like a good girl.

dafuq.  Am I really going to have to find another pdoc? Because the two I have experience with are not great, one is senile and this one is convinced that if I can put my pants on the right way round, I'm okay.  Hell I'm crazy and I know I'm not okay.

In my experience, which is limited, pdocs are very limited.

Some know meds but don't know mental illness.

It depends on you, and where you are in your healing.

My meds are stable, my pdoc sucks. BUT, she does know the medications very well.

She does not know the mental illness part. In fact, I give her therapy. lol

anywhoo, you sound like you are already self monitoring.

go back to pdoc, bring hubby like melissa suggested.

figure out YOURSELF what your issues are mentally, etc.

You only need her for new issues, new brands. 

The only reason I don't use my primary care ;physicion for my psyche meds is Docs hates Benzos.

And, most for all, My Pdoc KNOWS the pills.

She takes all insurance, has millions of clients, knows the side effects.

When I asked about gaining weight on Lexapro and she told me that she has clients who gain weight on WELLBUTRIN,

Pdoc knows the statistics. She knows what med is off the market, when it is going generic. etc.

As long as your pdoc is smart, knows everything about any med in the world, stay.

It is more important that you have a tdoc that knlows mental illness better than meds.

And a pdoc who knows meds better than mental illness.

To have both with both is rare indeed.

I have problems with mania, and many of my pdocs have just been concerned about stopping the mania, and don't care if it leaves me depressed or zombie-like.  When the meds they put me on leave me like this, I tell them that it's not acceptable, and that I need to have enough energy to want to do things.  So many of them wouldn't change or add meds because they were afraid I'd go manic again.  That was unacceptable for me, so I'd fine a new pdoc.

I have found that it's hard to tell how a pdoc is going to treat me because when I'd ask them at the initial appointment, they would always tell me that they would be accomodating, but when push came to shove they wouldn't do as we agreed.

My current pdoc is great, but I had to go to a few mediocre pdocs before I found him.  He helps me tweak my meds, and we just have our appointments more often when I'm trying something he thinks could lead to mania, and we discuss what I should do if I do start feeling too manic.

crazyfroglady: if you're in the MidAtlantic, it's possible.

mellisaw: he can but he thinks I should stop taking meds all together.  that sounds a little too much like an unholy alliance to me

ceremonyneworder: I can see another pdoc.  I really don't want to.  The first one I saw was so senile he didn't know anything about paxil titration, practically patted me on the head then gave me a shit load of klonopin.  for voices.   now that I think about it, the first was a lot like the second.

water: im not sure I'm ready for that.  it was only a month or so ago that things were far out of my control.  it sounds like you've got a great relationship with your pdoc.  I'm no confident that my pdoc knows anything at all.  When I tell her about the voices, she does nothing until tdoc makes her.  Then she takes it away, tells me that as long as I can get along, the voices are no big deal. oh and here take some klonopin.  I have no confidence.

dilemma: I guess I need to find yet another pdoc.  One who's not so against meds. or something.

dilemma: I guess I need to find yet another pdoc.  One who's not so against meds. or something.

yeah.:-{

btw: my pdoc annoys the hell out of me. just so you know. :-}

I think the crux of the matter is that my pdoc just doesn't believe what I'm saying when I describe symptoms.  And she doesn't believe what the tdoc tells her about my symptoms.  

So who the hell will she believe??  it's ridiculous.  As much as I despise it, I'm going to have to find another pdoc.  One who can believe what I say and give meds appropriately.  She knows her meds but she won't listen to any symptoms she doens't like.  It's stupid.

I think the crux of the matter is that my pdoc just doesn't believe what I'm saying when I describe symptoms.  And she doesn't believe what the tdoc tells her about my symptoms.  

So who the hell will she believe??  it's ridiculous.  As much as I despise it, I'm going to have to find another pdoc.  One who can believe what I say and give meds appropriately.  She knows her meds but she won't listen to any symptoms she doens't like.  It's stupid.

She sounds like an idiot. No people smarts, just book smart. 

She's from a web site by a photographer.  I think it's called Old Ladies in Funny Hats but in another language.  Swedish maybe?  I just went and searched and coulnd't find it.   :(

......found it!  http://www.visualnews.com/2013/03/26/finnish-seniors-model-organic-materials-in-the-country/

Thank you!

I really really love her hat. Her face is classic and the hat is pure art.