CrazyBoards.org

OK, I have a trust issue with my doc. He knows my past and our relationship hasn't been the smoothest. Out of all the docs I have seen he has been the only one to prescribe benzos to me. Now I get the feeling he wants to fire me so I'm going to be changing doctors. I just have this fear that I will go to an even worse doctor that won't prescribe what I need for my anxiety. Is there anyone here who has been in my shoes who you fear you may end up shooting yourself in the foot?

Edited by sonicwhite

Changing pdocs is an overwhelming experience in and of itself. I just switched pdocs because my previous one moved. New pdoc is very different, believes I have a different diagnosis than the other one. She did not change my meds though, although I don't know what she will do at the next appt. You could go see new pdoc undercover and if you don't like them go back to your current one. No one would have to know. I have done this with therapists before. Its all about trying to find the right one. In my case I only had one option once my pdoc moved. New pdoc is nice, but not too nice. Very smart. Good luck!

I explained this but deleted my post on accident, ok I have had my roommate go a lot of the time to give the doc another eye on how I was doing.....He either said I was abusing my xanax when I wasn't or telling the doc I was addicted to DXM which I was and had legal troubles because of it......Now my roommate can't see him anymore and there are trust issues. I feel like I don't have a leg to stand on because I have had so much trouble while being his patient....I used to abuse gabapentin and I told him that so our relationship is pretty much eroded because of the trust factor.....I just want to feel like I can leave his office knowing I'm not going to get someone who is benzo phobic and make me sicker if that makes sense.

Edited by sonicwhite

I think ideally this is something you need to work out with your current doc. What really is the plan here - going to see a new pdoc, lying to them too and not doing anything about your substance abuse? Yeah, that would definitely be shooting yourself in the foot.