CrazyBoards.org

Every few weeks I go weird for a few days like I can't sleep and my mind is just racing with thoughts about everything from my childhood to the way I look to stuff I want to do it feels like I want to do a million things all at once but I don't have enough time and I get headaches because I feel so stressed , I'm lazy so I don't do the things u want to do and it's frustrating my head feel like it's going to explode all I want to do is take a relaxing bath but we don't have a bathtub (bf's choice) and my bf is constantly with me it just feels like too much at the moment my brain is going about 300mph and I can't stand it anyway just wanted to get this out there, thanks for any replies

When this happens to me, I take something to calm me down a little, like a tylenol pm or plain benadryl or a prn prescription med, and then lay down, thinking "Don't think.  Dont think.  Dont think ..."  Over and over and over again.  Non-stop until you drift off to sleep.  It works for me very well.  It may take awhile, but before you know it you'll be waking up with a calmer mind.  It might not be a deep sleep all the time, but it definitely helps anyway.

But if you take something like tylenol pm or plain benadryl, or whatever, ask your DR first if it is ok.

It sounds like you need to see your pdoc, as these are either new symptoms, or new reactions to meds.

Also, are you an introvert? Both my husband and I are introverts, we are both disabled (so at home all day), and we live in a small (not tiny) place. We both spend a lot of time at opposite ends of the house getting in our alone time. It's normal for introverts.

I'm not saying it isn't a symptom of something else, but it might be worth a try, especially when it sounds like you boyfriend controls a lot about your life.

I go out of the house about once every two weeks for a couple of hours but that's my social phobia , I've been taking 50mg amitriptyline at night lately just to get me to sleep but I still struggle and I feel really tired the next day, I only see a gp but I struggle toget out to see them

Amitriptyline always left me tired and really hung over the next day. Is it possible for you to see a psychiatrist? A psychiatrist knows a lot more about treating such problems than a GP. Also, I gather that you don't see a therapist. I think it would be good to have a therapist just to get you out of the house and talking to someone else. Social phobia sucks big time. I find that the less I get out, the more difficult it is to get out. In other words, I need to go out often else I become agoraphobic and never want to leave.

In any case, I'd bring these symptoms up to my doctor because you shouldn't have to suffer with them.